Outcast Outcast EXB first impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Day 2 of running the new Outcast. Got it set up right now. Finally happy. Thing rips.

That said, I was pretty disappointed after first few runs yesterday. Almost though I got a bad motor, or regretted the purchase thinking is all this thing will do.

So first run it was just soft, and the steering sucked (this was my fault though).
Would barely wheelie, just didn't feel right. Set all the calibration and endpoints. Tried again, still crap.

So read up a bit, and it comes with AVC active. This was one issue. Had to remove receiver box cover, push bind button 3 times holding on third press, and wait for orange blink. Then had to turn on transmitter and hold bind button at same time. Took it about 15 sec, then receiver went solid orange meaning all good.

Tried again, was a little better, but still not up to par - was soft on takeoff. Thought maybe I was just used to my overpowered Kraton and this was good as it gets.

Brought it in, switched to the 16t pinion (came with 12 installed), and upped the punch to 7.

Then the steering...this was my fault. Installed a JX servo but ordered a non arrma 25t horn. The horn was shorter and not as long. I flipped over how the linkage hooked to it and installed it. I guess the few mm of length and little different angle made a huge difference. So I stole the 25t arrma horn off the Kraton and installed on the Outcast.

Took it out this morning for a test after all the changes. THIS THING RIPS!!! So so much different now. Drives like a stunt truck should.

My takeaways...AVC sucks for bashing and offroad. Will never use that again. The 12t pinion is just WAY too small. Factory punch setting 4 is just way too soft for my liking. A small change in steering geometry at the linkage makes a HUGE difference in steering.

Love this truck now!!!!
20210725_095109.jpg
20210725_095015.jpg

Kraton is by far my favorite out of all my RCs. I've been wanting to get the Outcast but can't justify the cost just yet.

You should post some vids of those bad bois in action!

Day 2 of running the new Outcast. Got it set up right now. Finally happy. Thing rips.

That said, I was pretty disappointed after first few runs yesterday. Almost though I got a bad motor, or regretted the purchase thinking is all this thing will do.

So first run it was just soft, and the steering sucked (this was my fault though).
Would barely wheelie, just didn't feel right. Set all the calibration and endpoints. Tried again, still crap.

So read up a bit, and it comes with AVC active. This was one issue. Had to remove receiver box cover, push bind button 3 times holding on third press, and wait for orange blink. Then had to turn on transmitter and hold bind button at same time. Took it about 15 sec, then receiver went solid orange meaning all good.

Tried again, was a little better, but still not up to par - was soft on takeoff. Thought maybe I was just used to my overpowered Kraton and this was good as it gets.

Brought it in, switched to the 16t pinion (came with 12 installed), and upped the punch to 7.

Then the steering...this was my fault. Installed a JX servo but ordered a non arrma 25t horn. The horn was shorter and not as long. I flipped over how the linkage hooked to it and installed it. I guess the few mm of length and little different angle made a huge difference. So I stole the 25t arrma horn off the Kraton and installed on the Outcast.

Took it out this morning for a test after all the changes. THIS THING RIPS!!! So so much different now. Drives like a stunt truck should.

My takeaways...AVC sucks for bashing and offroad. Will never use that again. The 12t pinion is just WAY too small. Factory punch setting 4 is just way too soft for my liking. A small change in steering geometry at the linkage makes a HUGE difference in steering.

Love this truck now!!!!
View attachment 160197View attachment 160201
Just turn the avc down it's actually good like that
18t is the place to be with the 6s outcast Trust me

Looks good.
i'm 2 weeks into owning a Exb Kraton 6s (Castle 2200 KV with 16t pinion) and thinking i'm missing out on an Outcast EXB that just came out...hmmm
Which do you prefer and why?

My avc is my triggerhappy finger🤙. Spent alot of time with the suspension shock oils and diff oils and gears. I do more dirtrd gravel speedruns. Turning is not the greatest but i do it mostly with brake/throttle. 20/46 gear.Just tried 100k/earplug/100k yesterday and was able to keep it straighter under throttle n speed.I like the noto cause its its a tank and so unpredictable🤙

Looks good.
i'm 2 weeks into owning a Exb Kraton 6s (Castle 2200 KV with 16t pinion) and thinking i'm missing out on an Outcast EXB that just came out...hmmm
Which do you prefer and why?
Have not run the OC enough yet, but love them both. Kraton has a 1650kv in it and thing is crazy fast. OC is much more fun to ride wheelies around and silly stuff. Kraton loves to go fast. Hard to ride wheelie with the kraton because she does fast and just wants to flip one you hit it too hard.

So both different I guess based on what terrain I am on and where I am running.
My avc is my triggerhappy finger🤙. Spent alot of time with the suspension shock oils and diff oils and gears. I do more dirtrd gravel speedruns. Turning is not the greatest but i do it mostly with brake/throttle. 20/46 gear.Just tried 100k/earplug/100k yesterday and was able to keep it straighter under throttle n speed.I like the noto cause its its a tank and so unpredictable🤙
As stated, I think AVC is bad for bashing.

Speed running is what it is made for.

Have not run the OC enough yet, but love them both. Kraton has a 1650kv in it and thing is crazy fast. OC is much more fun to ride wheelies around and silly stuff. Kraton loves to go fast. Hard to ride wheelie with the kraton because she does fast and just wants to flip one you hit it too hard.

Thanks,
i'm debating on picking up the OC EXB RTR and leave the 2200kv in the kraton.
i plan on playing around kids parks and fields so feel the OC would be more fun.
maybe sell the kraton and pick up an OC EXB and just run it...hmmm
i'm still reading to see what the 1650kv would change on the kraton vs the 2200 castle that i put in...on 16t pinion

Thanks,
i'm debating on picking up the OC EXB RTR and leave the 2200kv in the kraton.
i plan on playing around kids parks and fields so feel the OC would be more fun.
maybe sell the kraton and pick up an OC EXB and just run it...hmmm
i'm still reading to see what the 1650kv would change on the kraton vs the 2200 castle that i put in...on 16t pinion
I run a 20t pinion in my Kraton. Have the HW max6 combo.

It gives the 8s outcast loads more control with it turned on it land's on its wheels without it doesn't do in my experience its actually really good for bashing the 8s outcast. Can't see it being needed on the 6s because they are easy to stop spinning and land wheel down anyway. So much lighter and easier to control in the air as well. 6s outcasts are the best at that then the Typhon 😍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back