Outcast Outcast EXB has arrived!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much 👍 did it make much difference when you changed it?
Another question 🙄😁 is there a metal center dif cup available yet
I changed it from day one before running based on others recommendations, so can't compare.

HR makes a new 29mm diff cup now. Arrma has them as pre-order and ship out in a month. I already pre-ordered a few. I love some HR items, just not their diff products.

I changed it from day one before running based on others recommendations, so can't compare.

HR makes a new 29mm diff cup now. Arrma has them as pre-order and ship out in a month. I already pre-ordered a few. I love some HR items, just not their diff products.
I don't care for hr pinions. Chinesium

OK cool, I've got the shim pack on order today so thanks again for that. The arrma dif cup has been shipped and should be in the shops soon so that's good news as plastic one's don't last long on the beach. I'll try it as is once see how I like it then take it from there. I normally lighten the shock fluid after checking the difs as it's normally a bit to thick on the rear to handle the beach without bouncing the rear all over the place. Ordered a 18t pinion as well because that's the 6s sweet spot for me.
I seriously can't wait to try it out on the stone bank. If its anything like the other 6s outcast it's gonna be very good fun 😁

Love the bling just as much as the added strength

20210806_213045.jpg

ARA311094​

It is enough to do 3 diffs from LSD to full open.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SWMXX5...abc_107MX2KPJ6DDNQXT538J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I did the rear only to full open on my Kraton EXB. Doing the same with thd new OC.
Ok quick question. I get wat LSD but I'm not too sure on the difference between the 'open ' diff though. I have a noto v5 and have a stock diff in the front and rear but a gp5 in the rear. I'm still pretty new to this and was very curious on Difference and or benefits to the 'open' diffs. Thanks for putting up with my silly questions lol 😆 🤣

Ok quick question. I get wat LSD but I'm not too sure on the difference between the 'open ' diff though. I have a noto v5 and have a stock diff in the front and rear but a gp5 in the rear. I'm still pretty new to this and was very curious on Difference and or benefits to the 'open' diffs. Thanks for putting up with my silly questions lol 😆 🤣
Stock 6s non EXB diffs are open diffs. The exb diffs have LSD plates in them which help lock the diff under power by use of friction in the plates. Adding a spacer to remove the LSD plates in the rear turns it into an open diff. All the power going to the rear seems to be a bit much for the LSD plates, and you don't really want the rear locking up because the way it will make it not turn as well. So converting the EXB diff to open in the rear helps longevity of the diff, and the cornering ability

Stock 6s non EXB diffs are open diffs. The exb diffs have LSD plates in them which help lock the diff under power by use of friction in the plates. Adding a spacer to remove the LSD plates in the rear turns it into an open diff. All the power going to the rear seems to be a bit much for the LSD plates, and you don't really want the rear locking up because the way it will make it not turn as well. So converting the EXB diff to open in the rear helps longevity of the diff, and the cornering ability
Could that maybe cause it to "stutter" under a full trigger pull?

Doubt that. Sounds like an electronics issue. Either ESC, or not enough battery C rating.
See i thought so too but esc only few months old battery is 60c. So I'm not too sure exactly. Too much of an amp draw maybe? Dunno my friend it doesn't do it all the time but enough to notice.

See i thought so too but esc only few months old battery is 60c. So I'm not too sure exactly. Too much of an amp draw maybe? Dunno my friend it doesn't do it all the time but enough to notice.
Yeah. Never know.

I know that people say battery C ratings are all over the place for actual, but all mine are over 100 C. Maybe that makes a difference?

I use SMC True Spec Extreme packs. One is 120c, other is 135c.

Yeah. Never know.

I know that people say battery C ratings are all over the place for actual, but all mine are over 100 C. Maybe that makes a difference?

I use SMC True Spec Extreme packs. One is 120c, other is 135c.
Quite possibly i use golbats not the greatest. Ut work exactly how I need them reasonably priced and always treated me well. Maybe if I speedran ide get a higher rating but for now these do the job for me.

Such a good looking truck, hard to resist but don't need another truck now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back