Outcast Outcast EXB randomly turn left or right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulLiu

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast EXB
Hi guys,
I recently got an Outcast, first thing I did is upgrade the servo to a OMG 65KG one, after I run it for some time, I find sometime the car turns left or right on its own without any steering input on or off throttle and sometimes it doesn't go back to center after a turn, this happens couple times during each pack. I switch to the stock servo to test, same thing happen. Both servo are brand new so it's unlikely a bad servo. Just wondering if it is normal or I can do something to fix it. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Edit: Everything work flawlessly after turning AVC off.

Last edited:
Possible receiver issue. I have had a few Spektrum airplane receivers that were wonky.

Possible receiver issue. I have had a few Spektrum airplane receivers that were wonky.

Sounds like a receiver issue to me as well. Mine Outcast did this when my receiver got wet, no matter what servo I put in it the car would steer by itself, swapped in a different radio and the issue went away.

Could be AVC issue. Make sure you calibrate the AVC if you choose to use it. If not, you can turn off the AVC on he reciever. You will then have EXPO instead of the AVC knob. Turn off is my choice. I still don't really see the point of AVC.

Could be AVC issue. Make sure you calibrate the AVC if you choose to use it. If not, you can turn off the AVC on he reciever. You will then have EXPO instead of the AVC knob. Turn off is my choice. I still don't really see the point of AVC.
Yes thats probably the way to go. Like TSM in Traxxas vehicle, not helping but most of the time screw up jumps.

Yes thats probably the way to go. Like TSM in Traxxas vehicle, not helping but most of the time screw up jumps.
This. TSM makes it impossible for me to jump. I find driving without it just more fun, it helps me keep from using the steering like an on off switch😂
I promise the jumping isn’t lack of skill😉😉😂

Disabling AVC seems like a good place to start, in case the gyro is getting confused, freaking out, and making a big correction for no reason.

I've only gotten to try TSM a little bit on mine. And not on loose dirt, yet. But on grass, it did feel more planted and stable, with TSM set low (like 15% or so), when really punching it from a stop. But I think it then bit me, during a wheelie. The front came up, and the truck went to the side a little, but it flipped when the front wheels came down. I suspect maybe it made a steering adjustment while the wheels were in the air, and that steering made it flip when the front wheels touched.

So even without jumps, it was interesting to see that AVC/TSM might still cause some complications.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back