Outcast Outcast EXB servo/steering ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojoekai

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just took my new EXB Outcast out for it's first bash in the local park.
First changed the AVS to off and upped punch to 9 other than that no change on ESC from factory.
At the park I noticed the steering getting lose or soft, turning radius was going down.
Is the servo the problem or servo mount?or servo saver? Or ESC setting?
I'm not sure where to start to look to upgrade. I assumed EXB model had all I needed.

While in shopping what some other upgrades for the EXB I might as well do now?

I pulled in the camber and toe as from factory it was WAYYYY off. More centered now but not perfectly centered.

Just took my new EXB Outcast out for it's first bash in the local park.
First changed the AVS to off and upped punch to 9 other than that no change on ESC from factory.
At the park I noticed the steering getting lose or soft, turning radius was going down.
Is the servo the problem or servo mount?or servo saver? Or ESC setting?
I'm not sure where to start to look to upgrade. I assumed EXB model had all I needed.

While in shopping what some other upgrades for the EXB I might as well do now?

I pulled in the camber and toe as from factory it was WAYYYY off. More centered now but not perfectly centered.
Yeah I'm with leroychurchill on this one, most likely the servo sadly. I also had issues with my rtr outcast losing steering though even with a servo upgrade, I fixed my issue by adding the HR bellcrank and HR servo arm... If you do run the HR bellcrank at anytime though, I'd suggest finding a way to lubricate where both parts of the bellcrank interact with the servo saver... There's very little give with it. Even with only one washer tightening up the spring. It makes the steering amazing, but if you bash hard, it'll wreck your servo pretty quickly.

Servo is definitely the issue, I had the same servo die after only one run twice!!
So what you think,
Servox 1210?
What did you get , what would be the best to put in.
According to spectrum the BEC is already at 7.4 so volts are there to power a better servo.
Yeah I'm with leroychurchill on this one, most likely the servo sadly. I also had issues with my rtr outcast losing steering though even with a servo upgrade, I fixed my issue by adding the HR bellcrank and HR servo arm... If you do run the HR bellcrank at anytime though, I'd suggest finding a way to lubricate where both parts of the bellcrank interact with the servo saver... There's very little give with it. Even with only one washer tightening up the spring. It makes the steering amazing, but if you bash hard, it'll wreck your servo pretty quickly.
I'm a simple kind of guy.
What should I buy to upgrade it all?
HR parts and a new servo (possible service 1210)
What about servo saver? I've been reading but not sure what it is or does

So what you think,
Servox 1210?
What did you get , what would be the best to put in.
According to spectrum the BEC is already at 7.4 so volts are there to power a better servo.

I'm a simple kind of guy.
What should I buy to upgrade it all?
HR parts and a new servo (possible service 1210)
What about servo saver? I've been reading but not sure what it is or does
That servo would be fine and I believe since you have the exb you already have the x hard servo saver spring.

Have a bit of the same issue.. EXB out of the box seems to steer very slow.. and large radius? Is this normal.
Servox 1210 seems to be a good fit? I noticed there also is a 1212 version that has 46KG of torque for the same price (volts seems higher though)
Or just to stick with the 1210 version?

Have a bit of the same issue.. EXB out of the box seems to steer very slow.. and large radius? Is this normal.
Servox 1210 seems to be a good fit? I noticed there also is a 1212 version that has 46KG of torque for the same price (volts seems higher though)
Or just to stick with the 1210 version?
I just put the 1210 in and fits right in. I did have a hard time getting the servo in the mount with out cutting cable.
I removed the bottom screws and took service top off then put it back.
Horn and stock arms don't fit since device is 25t horn.
Get the hot racing horn and arm (25) and fits perfect.
Take exc out, old service out and then new one in and run wiring took about 2 hours to slowly do it and make sure it's all good.
The esc screws from under the body, becareful and don't strip them....I think I tripped one or came super close when putting ESC back. Just hand tight

Well crapola...
Put servo in got spacer for the linkage and HRhorn...center it all...
Drove it for maybe 5 min and rt was not really turning ..looks like the servo is still moving...ok..work on that

Turn off, turn back on and now nothing...to left or right
Re-bind , check both batteries (car and recieved) bound a new remote, unplugged and replugged str into reciever module...nothing

I'm lost now...did I smash a cat or something??
Dang if it's not one thing it's another

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back