Outcast Outcast Front Bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
venting a little now as I'm pretty ticked off. There are no front bumpers anywhere. I can't even go with the tbone bumper as it appears to use the piece from the original front bumper that is shredded. The one guy on ebay that had it sold his last one and says he will have more in 3 to 4 weeks. 3-4 weeks is like an eternity for an 8 year old.

venting a little now as I'm pretty ticked off. There are no front bumpers anywhere. I can't even go with the tbone bumper as it appears to use the piece from the original front bumper that is shredded. The one guy on ebay that had it sold his last one and says he will have more in 3 to 4 weeks. 3-4 weeks is like an eternity for an 8 year old.

Check the links I provided in this thread, I ran into the same issue and these fixed me up in no time and both are currently in stock at Tower Hobbies and TBR.

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/hinge-pin-bumper-bracket.6216/

Might as well look for a servo mount too or a new servo cause if you strip the gears in that one its backstocked too due to a lawsuit but everything will be ok soon .check out 1210sg servos or gka aluminum servo mounts for outcasts

unfortunately , that is not the bumper piece. I need the piece that attaches under the gearbox.

5A4D966E-2DA4-46C1-BAA3-56FDB8A1D287.jpeg
unfortunately , that is not the bumper piece. I need the piece that attaches under the gearbox.
This is the piece you’re looking for if I’m understanding you correctly, this slides right into the gear box and holds the 2 pins from falling out.

@robl45 is there any way you can snap a picture of the carnage? Maybe someone else can chime in on another solution for you.

Thanks!

interesting. I actually have that piece. I thought that was just the bumper part. I suppose that could work until the real outcast bumper is in stock. Now I just need to find hingepins. I'm probably going to make my own just wish someone could confirm they have tried it before and had some luck.

interesting. I actually have that piece. I thought that was just the bumper part. I suppose that could work until the real outcast bumper is in stock. Now I just need to find hingepins. I'm probably going to make my own just wish someone could confirm they have tried it before and had some luck.

I see guys use uncut drill stock all the time.

I ordered 4mm rod. Should get 4 pins out of it for less than what arrma charges for 2.

I ordered 4mm rod. Should get 4 pins out of it for less than what arrma charges for 2.

I was talking to the guy from GKA about Lunsford Racing making titanium hinge pins for the Arrmas and they won't :(

And for the life of my I cannot remember what the E-Maxx guys used for the FLM bulkheads, the pins they would use would snap instead of bend so they wouldn't get stuck in the bulkhead.

And I was going to try to help you out but for the life of me I cannot find my spare hinge pins. I have 1 in my box of parts that isn't bent, but I had a brand new unopened package and I cannot find them.

This is the closest thing I can find, you do get a ton of extra other stuff with it https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARRMA-KRAT...768517?hash=item56a401cb85:g:b-0AAOSwX3FZ8-xh

I was talking to the guy from GKA about Lunsford Racing making titanium hinge pins for the Arrmas and they won't :(

And for the life of my I cannot remember what the E-Maxx guys used for the FLM bulkheads, the pins they would use would snap instead of bend so they wouldn't get stuck in the bulkhead.

And I was going to try to help you out but for the life of me I cannot find my spare hinge pins. I have 1 in my box of parts that isn't bent, but I had a brand new unopened package and I cannot find them.

This is the closest thing I can find, you do get a ton of extra other stuff with it https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARRMA-KRAT...768517?hash=item56a401cb85:g:b-0AAOSwX3FZ8-xh
Could maybe buy long and cut them. Kind of sacrilege to do to lunsford stuff though, but you do what you got to do.

Dremeling titanium makes pretty sparks. :)
I had to cut a piece out of my hardcore racing titanium chassis deck on my aftershock. Got it for a steal, but it had a piece in the way of a non-rotostart engine that I had to remove to drop in a pullstart engine.
2008-0125-HCRChassisUnderStockBlownUp.jpg

Was very difficult to cut. Wicked heat clear across the chassis almost instantly and took a long time for the dremel to get through just that little piece.

I got through it though:
2008-0125-HCRChassisCutOverStock.jpg

Could maybe buy long and cut them. Kind of sacrilege to do to lunsford stuff though, but you do what you got to do.

Dremeling titanium makes pretty sparks. :)
I had to cut a piece out of my hardcore racing titanium chassis deck on my aftershock. Got it for a steal, but it had a piece in the way of a non-rotostart engine that I had to remove to drop in a pullstart engine.
2008-0125-HCRChassisUnderStockBlownUp.jpg

Was very difficult to cut. Wicked heat clear across the chassis almost instantly and took a long time for the dremel to get through just that little piece.

I got through it though:
2008-0125-HCRChassisCutOverStock.jpg
I bet you could make a great servo mount huh?

I used the mini bumper mentioned in this thread but the original bumper has screw that goes through the front of the bumper into the red metal hinge pin holder. Now my red metal hinge pin holder is just floating around.

I used the mini bumper mentioned in this thread but the original bumper has screw that goes through the front of the bumper into the red metal hinge pin holder. Now my red metal hinge pin holder is just floating around.

Are you using an aftermarket front bumper? My setup is the TBR front bumper along with the mini bumper from the AR330230 composite package and I didn’t have this issue. Do you mind posting pics of your issue?

965687B7-4699-4D4E-9CA0-6899430E6764.jpeg
B7724ECE-888C-40A7-9CA6-2FAA96D19D76.jpeg
No other bumper. Did you put screws through the red metal piece?

The arrows points to the screws that were put back into the same place, I never had to pull them all the way out. It’s held together by 2 screws. Are these the screws you’re talking about?

Put the screws back through that red part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back