Outcast OutCast Front Hinge Pin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nabiscoa

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I hit the front bumper/hinge pin pretty hard hard, every since then the "Dogbone" drive shaft for the front wheels keeps popping out with normal driving, turning, (No jumping) Any solutions.

I hit the front bumper/hinge pin pretty hard hard, every since then the "Dogbone" drive shaft for the front wheels keeps popping out with normal driving, turning, (No jumping) Any solutions.

With what information you have given us I would say tear it apart and find out what you broke then replace it.

maybe a screw has come out or the front diff is putting presure

Everything on the front has been taking down and rebuilt. nothing is broken.
Chassis bent?
Hinge pin bent?
Suspension mount(s) bent?
Something is either broken or bent and you will need to replace whatever it is.

What sort of front bumper are you running, ive found that if you can get a spare rear suspension mount and chop the bit off that’s highlighted in red below, than screw it onto the front where the hinge pins are it works well, i’ll get pics of my setup later this arvo.

0519038E-79B1-44CE-B3A7-DF66F6C67BCB.jpeg

EDIT: Here’s the pic of my setup ??

710C4FC2-4C66-4489-96B0-05D671384E29.jpeg

Last edited:
Same thing was happening to me and I didn't understand why. I removed and checked everything, nothing was bent or broken, everything was fine.

So what I did was remove the spacers and Washers where you screw in the pivot balls to the left and right Suspension Arms and that solved my problem. This made the Driveshafts go a little further in to the Drive cups. The Front Driveshafts/Dogbones haven't popped out since I did that.

As far as the bumper, get you a RPM or Tbone Racing front bumper and be sure to install this Arrma piece(see pic below) b4 you put on the new bumper, it will keep your lower hinge pins in place, and the new bumpers will save your truck from alot of front end collision damage/breakage.

20200402_232736.jpg

Yeah, remove the washers under the pillow balls, in time things will get streched and then you get the dogbone pop problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back