Outcast Outcast....'grainy' sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdemetri2

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi...just signed up to the forum today after buying an outcast- second hand though.

My first impressions are that on pulling the trigger and holding it before it sets off, all I can say is it sounds 'grainy' if that makes sense. I just don't know what it's meant to sound like and wondered if a diff or pinion or clutch needed adjusting/replacing or whatever.

I'll try post a video if it helps identify if there is an actual issue or not.

Could be the gear mesh is too loose between the pinion and spur gears or the pinion is slipping on the motor shaft because the grub screw is not tightened down properly. I'd start there?

If you're only giving a small amount of throttle it's only the motor cogging which is normal.

Thanks for the reply guys.....I've since been around a couple of other Arrma cars and they sound they same, confirmed as well by a few videos I've watched and it seems to be right!

Anyone got any idea on parts, what is the deal on stock as I can't find anything!! Need Suspension Mount and Front Gearbox!!

I had the same problem it was the diff gear stripping out on the c cup gear that's in the diff case I apply new outside diff gear n put more spacers .... note : check if the gears are the same tho cuz typhon n outcast diff gears are not the same

I have an Outcast in good condition that I've been trying to sell and nobody is buying, so I'm going to break it up and sell in pieces. Let me know what you need and we can make a deal.

I have an Outcast in good condition that I've been trying to sell and nobody is buying, so I'm going to break it up and sell in pieces. Let me know what you need and we can make a deal.

Where are you located and what are you asking?

How much for it complete?

All gone. I kept the body, chassis plate, and a few small pieces so l can convert my Kraton to Outcast whenever I want to.

Could be the gear mesh is too loose between the pinion and spur gears or the pinion is slipping on the motor shaft because the grub screw is not tightened down properly. I'd start there?

I agree start there then work your way through the diffs if the problem continues. Not only that but sense u mentioned you bought it second hand it' not a bad idea to do a complete tear down. Just to make sure you have the proper amount of diff fluid and so you can check for any physical damage inside the diffs and see if the previous owner shimmer the diff if so was it done properly because that can cause a grinding sound and excessive heat on the diffs and motor. But if it was me I would do a complete tare down and go over everything with a truck with this kind of power something as simple as a loose hex head can cause a world of problems. Hope this was helpful some atleast

I agree start there then work your way through the diffs if the problem continues. Not only that but sense u mentioned you bought it second hand it' not a bad idea to do a complete tear down. Just to make sure you have the proper amount of diff fluid and so you can check for any physical damage inside the diffs and see if the previous owner shimmer the diff if so was it done properly because that can cause a grinding sound and excessive heat on the diffs and motor. But if it was me I would do a complete tare down and go over everything with a truck with this kind of power something as simple as a loose hex head can cause a world of problems. Hope this was helpful some atleast
I totally agree with @lamtheoutcast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back