Outcast Outcast/kraton 4s non branded bearing sets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found these rubber sealed bearings on aliexpress. It's nearly half the price compared Jim's or fast Freddy. Anyone else have tried non branded bearings??

#Aliexpress | Arrma Outcast 4S BLX Sealed Bearing Kit ABEC-3
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8JRgHT
This is just me, but Jim’s comes with both the center driveshaft bearing as well as the flanged slipper bearing. Plus Jim is a solid dude, and even discounting that if you account for those two bearings is saving $9 + chancing you get the correct ones vs. a curated kit (with a nearly literal 100% vouch from the community) worth it? For me, no.

9DBD6F86-023E-42D3-A8CB-431969E555C8.png

edit seems the linked kit does, but my point still stands. Lol. Apologies for missing that, but Jim’s still gets stellar reviews. Fast Eddy as well.

Yea I agree from the review Jim's is solid choice for bearings. The only thing is the shipping to New Zealand is the same price as the bearings so effectively it's twice as expensive. You guys over at the States are so lucky with so many rc options

I've been running sealed bearings in all different sizes and types from aliexpress for years now in all my rc's and i really can't say they are bad quality like stated above.
For instance they are much better than the stock ones Arrma uses. In my experience you can't go wrong with these bearings.
Only problem now is that they don't ship because of the corona virus.

They look OK and are probably fine, at least they're sealed. Don't let the Cerveza bug fool ya, shipping from China is backed up. I haven't seen my parts from Bang good that I ordered the first week of January. My experience with Jim's is they are really good bearings, I would advise to add the motor bearings too. FWIW ABEC 3 sealed is a good bearing compared to stock.

Just found these rubber sealed bearings on aliexpress. It's nearly half the price compared Jim's or fast Freddy. Anyone else have tried non branded bearings??

#Aliexpress | Arrma Outcast 4S BLX Sealed Bearing Kit ABEC-3
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8JRgHT
I am currently running them in my senton, kraton and granite and so far those bearings are as good as the top price bearings. I did all three cars for £30. There were even spares left over. I would say they are definately comparable to the stock rubber sealed traxxas bearings.

Time will tell but for this price they are a great upgrade

Last edited:
Is it really worth upgrading the clutch bearing?? I have a old one from my spare clutch and still spins freely maybe no lube because of the slipper powder

The stock bearings can't tolerate dirt or water at all, most impacted are the wheels. Diffs and anything in the center will last longer pending your environment.
I wouldn't tear it apart just to replace those bearings but upon maintenance I'd do it.

Yea I agree from the review Jim's is solid choice for bearings. The only thing is the shipping to New Zealand is the same price as the bearings so effectively it's twice as expensive. You guys over at the States are so lucky with so many rc options
have a look into Plaig bearings - located here in aus //

So my other question is probably quite stupid but do you still put bearing oil in rubber sealed bearings? Would it even get into thr bearings??

So my other question is probably quite stupid but do you still put bearing oil in rubber sealed bearings? Would it even get into thr bearings??
yep you can simply pop the rubber seals out with a razor blade - clean them out then lightly apply thin bearing oil

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back