Outcast Outcast/kraton rear driveshaft popping out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bolt that gets tightened

Yeah i know how to tighten and loosen it but is it spose to come all the way out in order to take the slipper completely apart? Like is that same screw that tightens and loosens spose to come all the way out? Bc it’s bein a b*tch an not wanting to come out. It’s had blue Loctite on it once before that I didn’t put on there so I guess that’s why it’s not wanting to come out. I’m jus scared to put my impact on it to try and get it out to jus end up stripping it out an then Being completely screwed as far as getting it apart. The person who put loctite on it out it too far to the end and it didn’t stop it from backing out some. Should’ve put some a bit more up towards the screw head. Which is what I’m trying to do I jus need the thing to come apart. And earlier basically I was told I’m stupid if I can’t figure it out so, it is what it is. I know this screw is what’s keeping it together, but it’s not acting like it wants to come out all the way, which is why I’m on here making sure that’s why I need to do in order to get it all apart bc I don’t wanna make a mistake trying to take a screw out that isn’t meant to come out.
Yes that bolt comes all the way out.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Alright thanks
Here it is
Before you put the screw with the 3 washer with the bearing looking one in the middle of them+ the spring you can see how your slipper bassicly works front and rear

View attachment 70075View attachment 70076View attachment 70077View attachment 70078View attachment 70079View attachment 70080View attachment 70081View attachment 70082View attachment 70083

Here it is
Before you put the screw with the 3 washer with the bearing looking one in the middle of them+ the spring you can see how your slipper bassicly works front and rear
How old is your spur gear? Im just wondering how long they usually last for as I bought a spare of Jennys already

i run my slipper at 1/4 turn from tight.. i run this setting on my 3s typhon as well..punch at max setting.. have not had an issue with the axles popping.. my youtube videos of the 4s can attest to the abuse i put it through and i have not had an issue..

im not sure if i missed something, but why are you trying to take the slipper apart? does it need pads?

i run my slipper at 1/4 turn from tight.. i run this setting on my 3s typhon as well..punch at max setting.. have not had an issue with the axles popping.. my youtube videos of the 4s can attest to the abuse i put it through and i have not had an issue..

im not sure if i missed something, but why are you trying to take the slipper apart? does it need pads?
Yeah I saw the beating you put on that OC4S last night. Who’s the guy fixing his rig the whole time you’re having fun? ????

Yeah I saw the beating you put on that OC4S last night. Who’s the guy fixing his rig the whole time you’re having fun? ????

? we call him ziptie! lol.. got his first rig around christmas.. he loves zipties to try and put it back together... ?? his driving is improving, but he is good at breaking them for sure... ?? well as you can see in the video's i guess i am too lately...?????

How old is your spur gear? Im just wondering how long they usually last for as I bought a spare of Jennys already
Well i think its my gearmesh who did this too far from each other but its just the edges of the spur who are a pit rounded off still using the current one tried the best i could with the gearmesh i have set the gearmesh to the point of only hearing a slight gear noise but when i tested the car well it was sounding like a broken engine lol 4 times more loud than before took me a long time getting it right now its pretty much quiet

? we call him ziptie! lol.. got his first rig around christmas.. he loves zipties to try and put it back together... ?? his driving is improving, but he is good at breaking them for sure... ?? well as you can see in the video's i guess i am too lately...?????
You should call him Precious, Queen of the Streets then ??

D6994807-729E-4C39-9CBA-8BFC86556FB7.jpeg

Its easy like a cake
The truck is made be dissasemble and put back togueter
I can mae a new slipper right now going to show the steps to fellow
But i don't have the screw to hold everything togueter unfortunatly

A bit expensive but I just bought these off eBay they have 1 more set of in stock on eBay before they are all out if anybody is interested so we’ll see if I have better luck now. Hot raving website is out but there’s one more set on eBay from this seller. Over 99% positive feedback on them. But For $70, I better not break one for months I know that much. But I’m not gonna go crazy with the punch settings and slipper. Gonna leave those on the same settings as if I were driving plastic shafts still. Maybe now I can actually get through a single battery cycle without popping one out. Never had a single issue with the car other than the slipper and the plastic shafts. I think 4s is just a bit too much power for the kind of plastic shafts they use. Maybe on 3s it wouldn’t be as bad but that’s no fun now is it. Always gotta go with the higher power option lol I’ll let y’all know how they hold Up

Attachments

• 07B856D5-8312-4FA5-828A-16EDE0E48A31.png
    07B856D5-8312-4FA5-828A-16EDE0E48A31.png
    558 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
A bit expensive but I just bought these off eBay they have 1 more set of in stock on eBay before they are all out if anybody is interested so we’ll see if I have better luck now. Hot raving website is out but there’s one more set on eBay from this seller. Over 99% positive feedback on them. But For $70, I better not break one for months I know that much. But I’m not gonna go crazy with the punch settings and slipper. Gonna leave those on the same settings as if I were driving plastic shafts still. Maybe now I can actually get through a single battery cycle without popping one out. Never had a single issue with the car other than the slipper and the plastic shafts. I think 4s is just a bit too much power for the kind of plastic shafts they use. Maybe on 3s it wouldn’t be as bad but that’s no fun now is it. Always gotta go with the higher power option lol I’ll let y’all know how they hold Up
Yeah sorry to break it to you but those HR driveshafts have a bad reputation for breaking and HR as a company does not have an actual warranty process. They claim to have one but you can’t reach them to get a claim filed. They don’t have a phone number and emails go unanswered. Your only hope is your seller helping you out.

We told you that the driveshaft issues was due to the tight slipper clutch with the clutch set right your driveshafts issues will be hone. People have tested the hot racing driveshafts they are only a cash grab 70$ for one pair? And in my opinion they are weaker than the atock driveshafts if you ever break one oart on those driveshafts you cannot get a remplacement part they are pretty much good to be trown away at that point. The 3s metal shaft are 40$ the pair.

Yeah sorry to break it to you but those HR driveshafts have a bad reputation for breaking and HR as a company does not have an actual warranty process. They claim to have one but you can’t reach them to get a claim filed. They don’t have a phone number and emails go unanswered. Your only hope is your seller helping you out.

I’ve alreay owned HR stuff and know the reputation so you’re not breaking anything to me. I know the run down from first hand experience. Some ppl say they’re good, others don’t. Guess it’s jus luck of the draw. It’s kinda Expensive for jus a few RC parts but idc it’s only $70. I’d spend more than that by continuing to buy stock replacements. Bc it’s 30 a pop for those bc you gotta buy em in a set of 4 everywhere that I see. And I’ve already pre ordered the new driveshafts for $50 that are spose to come out in late April but apparently they keep pushing the date back. I guess I’ll jus check the mail one day in a month or 2 or however long from now and have a nice surprise waiting ha an Eveb if they do break it’s whatever I still got 2 sets of stock replacements sittin on my table at home to put on there if need be. Got rpm arms and better shocks off the 6s line an all kinds of stuff that I’m jus waiting to break the stock version of before I put the new stuff on there. Most of it is jus stick replacements tho. But I haven’t broken anything I jus keep popping these drive shafts out An it’s Hella annoying. I cracked the bulkhead about an inch or so long but I put 5500 psi JB Weld on it sn let it sit for 3 days an that fix is prolly stronger than the chassis itself.

Last edited:
I’ve alreay owned HR stuff and know the reputation so you’re not breaking anything to me. I know the run down from first hand experience. Some ppl say they’re good, others don’t. Guess it’s jus luck of the draw. It’s kinda Expensive for jus a few RC parts but idc it’s only $70. I’d spend more than that by continuing to buy stock replacements. Bc it’s 30 a pop for those bc you gotta buy em in a set of 4 everywhere that I see. And I’ve already pre ordered the new driveshafts for $50 that are spose to come out in late April but apparently they keep pushing the date back. I guess I’ll jus check the mail one day in a month or 2 or however long from now and have a nice surprise waiting ha an Eveb if they do break it’s whatever I still got 2 sets of stock replacements sittin on my table at home to put on there if need be. Got rpm arms and better shocks off the 6s line an all kinds of stuff that I’m jus waiting to break the stock version of before I put the new stuff on there. Most of it is jus stick replacements tho. But I haven’t broken anything I jus keep popping these drive shafts out An it’s Hella annoying. I cracked the bulkhead about an inch or so long but I put 5500 psi JB Weld on it sn let it sit for 3 days an that fix is prolly stronger than the chassis itself.
Yep I keep buying HR stuff too, but I always do it thru Amazon so returns are easy.

Yep I keep buying HR stuff too, but I always do it thru Amazon so returns are easy.

There wasn’t any on amazon. But I’m fine with it ima jus use me till I break em. And most rc car brand names that I’ve dealt with ar

What would you return anything for tho? They didn’t have any on amazon or I would’ve bought it from there. That’s always my go to as well.

I had a steering rack for the 3S trucks and one of the screws fell out. It was not something you can find off the shelf. I tried to buy a replacement screw, no response. So I ended up buying a new one and returning the old one, missing a screw. If they simply had ANY customer service at all, I wouldn’t have to be so shady. But at $40 for a simple part, I’m not eating that cost.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back