Outcast Outcast/kraton rear driveshaft popping out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rear shafts are 19.99$ for
The only reports like i said of the driveshafts poping out are due to a locked slipper or almost locked. Idk if you even tried to run the car with the slipper proprely built with the pictures i provided
The amount of stress it takes to soread those 2 plastic joints is quite substancial if you are still runing the same slipper clutch setting the hot racing might or not break but if they don't your diffs are the next component under the overload

Last edited:
We told you that the driveshaft issues was due to the tight slipper clutch with the clutch set right your driveshafts issues will be hone. People have tested the hot racing driveshafts they are only a cash grab 70$ for one pair? And in my opinion they are weaker than the atock driveshafts if you ever break one oart on those driveshafts you cannot get a remplacement part they are pretty much good to be trown away at that point. The 3s metal shaft are 40$ the pair.

Yeah I’ve done all of that and nothing helps it. Nothing at all. Even stopped running the truck on asphalt
We told you that the driveshaft issues was due to the tight slipper clutch with the clutch set right your driveshafts issues will be hone. People have tested the hot racing driveshafts they are only a cash grab 70$ for one pair? And in my opinion they are weaker than the atock driveshafts if you ever break one oart on those driveshafts you cannot get a remplacement part they are pretty much good to be trown away at that point. The 3s metal shaft are 40$ the pair.

Bro I’m telling you I’ve played with the slipper clutch to the point that I’m tired of messin with it. If the alternative route means me only spending $70 dollars then I’m all for it at this point. I’m bouta get an X-Max anyways so it’s all good even if they are crappy

Yeah I’ve done all of that and nothing helps it. Nothing at all. Even stopped running the truck on asphalt

Bro I’m telling you I’ve played with the slipper clutch to the point that I’m tired of messin with it. If the alternative route means me only spending $70 dollars then I’m all for it at this point. I’m bouta get an X-Max anyways so it’s all good even if they are crappy
Get ready to swap a lot of diffs ??‍♂️?

Idk whats wrong with your car like i said mine never poped out even with a tight clutch on 4s and i go trought grass and asphalt 80% of the time i only had rear diff issues
And i suppose you switched to new shaft when you fixed your clutch because a driveshaft who already poped out and you try to use its going to pop out a lot easy because the plastic got damaged

Idk whats wrong with your car like i said mine never poped out even with a tight clutch on 4s and i go trought grass and asphalt 80% of the time i only had rear diff issues
And i suppose you switched to new shaft when you fixed your clutch because a driveshaft who already poped out and you try to use its going to pop out a lot easy because the plastic got damaged
Do u use stock tyres on concrete/asphalt ? im finding my backflip Lps wearing down so on concrete now i only run them on grass or sands/gravel. Any good suggestions for tyres that will last a bit more on concrete?

I imgaine the X-Maxx would be very different to your kraton, but I am interested to know how you find them once you do get one. I hear they are very durable but prob will drive like poop

Mine keeps popping out maybe I'm not putting them the right way. What is the proper method

Mine keeps popping out maybe I'm not putting them the right way. What is the proper method
Once they pop out the will keep poping out your clutch is too tight and thats the number one reason of driveshafts poping off
The other reason would be and ackward and hard landing under throttle

Yes.. but you need the stubs and the output cups. You may as well order the shafts complete.. $50-$60 for a set of two..

Just get the cvd sliders from Arrma you won’t regret it they’ll never pop off again. I bought them for my outcast just the rears and have never had any issues.
i am looking for replacement rear shafts for my outcast 4s and I found these https://www.towerhobbies.com/produc...shaft-kraton-outcast-4x4-blx-4s/ARAC3950.html wondering if it will work with a stock diff. Thanks.
Those are just a replacement part for the complete set of cvd’s you’ll need all the other components, go to amain they have the complete set in stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back