Outcast Outcast love!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see alot of post from ppl talking about how they thought this truck is/was the best! I wanna see the upgrades you guys have done and what you do/don't like about this truck?!
I'll start! I love this truckrunning the v2 I mainly run 4s sometimes on 6s with the 16t pinion stock electronics minus the servo, run it with revo response tires and a proline body!
Only thing I've broken is the suspension arms due to my own running in the cold on big hits!

Pros:
  • Truck can take a bearing!
  • Electronics are solid for the most part!
  • Shimmed out where it needs to be
  • Aftermarket support is decent!
Cons:
  • Wing mount fails all the time, stock, rpm, t-bone. But with the 94mm turnbuckle support get way better life.
  • Stock motor is in the middle of 4s and 6s tunablity
  • Stock servo is decent but not good or bad!
This one is just me but the stock body didn't last long with how I was driving. (HOW I WAS DRIVING)
I really just want to hear what other ppl think about this truck?! Part of the RC world is driving part is fixing! I did this truck less then my other two and this is my top favorite let's find out what's yours!

As far as the wing mount always breaking, I'm thinking when it crashes the wing provides leverage when twisting the wing mount. I removed the wing and added a T-Bone wheelie bar along with the stock wheelie bar. I haven't tested this theory yet but the more I look at it the more it looks like it nothing will be able to put excess pressure on the wing mount. Like many others, I'm sick of replacing the wing mount. Atleast T-Bone Racing has a lifetime guarantee on all their parts. Haven't bashed it yet like this. Fingers crossed.
152184016314512527682.jpg

I love my outcast. I have tbr front and rear bumpers. Tekno springs. Savox servo. Mamba monster 2 castle 2200kv motor with Boca bearings. 3.8 proline masher tires.

I only run on 4s but I have a 6s that I really never even need anymore. The castle set up is almost as fast as the blx was on 6s. So on the 4s I run a 17t pinion and it stays cool.

As far as the wing mount always breaking, I'm thinking when it crashes the wing provides leverage when twisting the wing mount. I removed the wing and added a T-Bone wheelie bar along with the stock wheelie bar. I haven't tested this theory yet but the more I look at it the more it looks like it nothing will be able to put excess pressure on the wing mount. Like many others, I'm sick of replacing the wing mount. Atleast T-Bone Racing has a lifetime guarantee on all their parts. Haven't bashed it yet like this. Fingers crossed.View attachment 17051

Just got back from beating my Outcast and NOTHING broke!!! I recommend taking the wing off the wing mount. I tumbled it, had it doing cartwheels , jumped it and landed straight up and down on the ass end and she took it like a champ. The wing mount is perfect. So nice to take it out, run the batteries down, and not have to work on it. Haha

It's so nice to take out an rc no matter what it is and beat the poop out of it and then the battery dies and nothing is broke!!!

I'm using 2x3S Onyx 50C batteries. With punch sitting on 9.
Glitch buster plugged to the receiver becuse of the high torque servo to compensate the drain voltage

I just installed a JX servo in my outcast after someone on here recommend it. Set my end points and trim but it's super weak. If I lift the front end with my foot it steers fine. But on the ground and moving it sucks. Do I need a glitch buster or BEC? The specs are; operating speed .16 seconds, stall torque 20.32 kg.cm. or did I buy a POS?

Broke stock set of wing mounts,& a set from TBR so I made a set out of lexan. Good to go now. Also made a wing,& body protectors out of lexan. Can't break this stuff.

Attachments

• 20180329_194545.jpg
    20180329_194545.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20180329_194454.jpg
    20180329_194454.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20180329_194249.jpg
    20180329_194249.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 46
I just installed a JX servo in my outcast after someone on here recommend it. Set my end points and trim but it's super weak. If I lift the front end with my foot it steers fine. But on the ground and moving it sucks. Do I need a glitch buster or BEC? The specs are; operating speed .16 seconds, stall torque 20.32 kg.cm. or did I buy a POS?
Something's wrong. Mine are super strong & I have them on 3 other r/c's.

I'll crack it open and see if anything looks wrong. Maybe lack of grease or something. Thanks for the reply.

I'll crack it open and see if anything looks wrong. Maybe lack of grease or something. Thanks for the reply.

Hey Paul!
I was worried about the savox 1210 not having enough power, but it works fine. The turning problem turned ( groan) out to be the servo saver adjustment.

Looking down from the top, I just used a small screwdriver to spin the nut so it gets off the bottom & moves up toward the servo arm.

There are probably 100 folks who can explain that procedure better than I just did!

Servo saver adjustment, worth a try!!
Good luck!
RJP

Hey Paul!
I was worried about the savox 1210 not having enough power, but it works fine. The turning problem turned ( groan) out to be the servo saver adjustment.

Looking down from the top, I just used a small screwdriver to spin the nut so it gets off the bottom & moves up toward the servo arm.

There are probably 100 folks who can explain that procedure better than I just did!

Servo saver adjustment, worth a try!!
Good luck!
RJP

I adjusted the servo saver and it is better but I think I just got a bum servo. People say it's great in the Outcast but my stock one was faster, stronger. It's been over 30 days so they won't let me return it.

I adjusted the servo saver and it is better but I think I just got a bum servo. People say it's great in the Outcast but my stock one was faster, stronger. It's been over 30 days so they won't let me return it.

Did you go through the end point adjustment?
Or maybe adjust the servo saver tighter?
Maybe go way tight & if works...

Although with proper adjustment it should work...
I thought maybe try more adjustments jic you don’t need a new servo...

When I was a mechanic, they almost never allowed electrical parts return...

Sorry I’m not more help...
I hope you figure it out soon & cheaply!!
Have a good one!
RJP

Hello Paul!
I was still having turning troubles, so today I really made the servo saver tight, way more than before...
I think I got used to it slowly getting worse without noticing how bad it was.
I may have caused the servo burnout not realizing the other problems.
Anyway, yeah so I tightened that servo sucker tight...
And it was like a new truck!
That Savox 1210 is fast & strong & was working great right until the batteries died...
I can see the envy in the other Hill Billy’s eyes as they drive past & watch the fun I’m having with my OutCast!!!
I hope you get your truck working well again soon!!
RJP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back