Outcast Outcast not steering well

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Ran the truck the past couple of days, probably 45 minutes each time. My son managed to break nothing except lose a screw for the front bumper which is a record for him. Pinion also didn't slip finally.

We noticed today though that the truck is not turning well. If I pick up the front wheels, its turning lock to lock so the servo seems to be okay. Could the servo just be losing power or do I need to check the servo saver?

Looks like my servo saver needs to be tightened, we also lost a screw out the bottom of one of the steering posts. m4 X12mm. Does anyone know if you can buy these at home depot or something? 3 dollars plus 3 bucks shipping is a bit much.

I’m sure you can. I have found a lot of the screws I needed at D&B so I don’t why not.

Looks like my servo saver needs to be tightened, we also lost a screw out the bottom of one of the steering posts. m4 X12mm. Does anyone know if you can buy these at home depot or something? 3 dollars plus 3 bucks shipping is a bit much.
Check your local Lowes/Ace Hardware/True Value/Menards/Home Depot ect and look in their screws and bolts section. My local Menards has a lot of different metric hex screws.

Got the screws at Lowes. tightened up the servo saver till the wheels would move when I turned the controller with the truck in driving position. Hope I didn't tighten it too much.

Lowes specialty hardware drawer has just what you need. First pic was a temp fix till I got the right 1 then the second 1 is the 1 from lowes.
20180414_053023.jpg
20180414_053122.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back