Outcast Outcast/ notorious year/ build revisions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this center brace look bent?
Also buddy showed me a redcat shreddar for cheap. Idk tho I looked into it and it doesn't jump like the outcast or kraton. If upgraded to 6sgears are said to degrade fast.

Also does the kraton folow the outcast in terms of chassis upgrades throughout the years? For instance If i found one that does not have the shock cap protectors would that make it a v1?

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-03-09-17-50-30(1).png
    Capture+_2020-03-09-17-50-30(1).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Well im attempting to be all in with batt and charger 350-460ish.

As in ish the wife's gonna kick my butt lmfao...

Seems like these deals fly quick. Or people are attempting to sell an old chassis with a new body. Smh.

Does this center brace look bent?
Also buddy showed me a redcat shreddar for cheap. Idk tho I looked into it and it doesn't jump like the outcast or kraton. If upgraded to 6sgears are said to degrade fast.

Also does the kraton folow the outcast in terms of chassis upgrades throughout the years? For instance If i found one that does not have the shock cap protectors would that make it a v1?

No the Kraton is a version ahead of the Outcast.
V1 Kraton had red BLX150 motor and esc. V1 also had the same hubs and stub axles as the Talion. V2 changed to the black BLX185 motor and esc, then they made wider hubs and stub axles, changed from the dBoots Copperhead to the dBoots Minekawa and the body paint scheme was also changed. V3 they changed the shocks, the battery tray, added shock protectors, changed the sway bar mounts, changed the front bumper, added a rear "bumper" and changed the design of the the chassis braces. V4 added the T2T brace, sliding motor mount, easy access diff mount, never pop ball ends, new servo saver, dBoots Copperhead 2 tires, new color schemes for the body and changed to the STX2 radio. These are just the things I can remember off the top of my head.

V1 Kraton
YU23TCUM4KKQJ9J4U3ZNVY4P2V3GJHEBMVQTYEFZPJEU4JVF2G.jpg

V2
84XRF82XJUKP6GC34R8B22MRHD69CPTDZGMH69VXUPEEBMN3K9.jpg

V3
ARFUK6UPP8Z4FG9ZGTHKJDCNVDA9FAEWBMXEEWCX4TFRDQ3QKC.jpg

V4
larad13.jpg

Well im attempting to be all in with batt and charger 350-460ish.

As in ish the wife's gonna kick my butt lmfao...

Seems like these deals fly quick. Or people are attempting to sell an old chassis with a new body. Smh.
Redcat Kaiju? It's $399.99 but out of stock everywhere :(

No the Kraton is a version ahead of the Outcast.
V1 Kraton had red BLX150 motor and esc. V1 also had the same hubs and stub axles as the Talion. V2 changed to the black BLX185 motor and esc, then they made wider hubs and stub axles, changed from the dBoots Copperhead to the dBoots Minekawa and the body paint scheme was also changed. V3 they changed the shocks, the battery tray, added shock protectors, changed the sway bar mounts, changed the front bumper, added a rear "bumper" and changed the design of the the chassis braces. V4 added the T2T brace, sliding motor mount, easy access diff mount, never pop ball ends, new servo saver, dBoots Copperhead 2 tires, new color schemes for the body and changed to the STX2 radio. These are just the things I can remember off the top of my head.

V1 Kraton
View attachment 69120

V2
View attachment 69121

V3
View attachment 69122

V4
View attachment 69124

Redcat Kaiju? It's $399.99 but out of stock everywhere :(

Thanks allot! Sorry for bugging the crap outta you guys whit questions. I seem to have become an arrma fan. The build seems straight forward even if upgrades are needed. Honestly if ya think about it what vehicle couldn't use an upgrade or two? Shift kits, shocks wheels and so on....

If you're considering a Redcat, I can put you on a FB group that will help answer your questions but as an owner of Arrma and Redcat, and reading a whole lot about Redcat bashing trucks, I'd stick with a 6s Arrma. One thing that's hugely important is that cnc upgrades from guys like M2C etc are available with Arrma trucks.
Keep looking and try to be patient and a good deal on a 6s Arrma will come soon enough.

yes... all RTR vehicles need upgrades but even without significant upgrades (besides the radio on v4 models,) you can really have a big time with Arrma and they're easy to work on. When you find a used one, I'd be sure to get more than photos because you'll want to listen for diff issues...never know if a guy jacked the punch up to 9 and loved standing backflips. They killed my Noto diffs when I was in that phase. lol

What's your budget?
You got a lead?
If you're considering a Redcat, I can put you on a FB group that will help answer your questions but as an owner of Arrma and Redcat, and reading a whole lot about Redcat bashing trucks, I'd stick with a 6s Arrma. One thing that's hugely important is that cnc upgrades from guys like M2C etc are available with Arrma trucks.
Keep looking and try to be patient and a good deal on a 6s Arrma will come soon enough.

yes... all RTR vehicles need upgrades but even without significant upgrades (besides the radio on v4 models,) you can really have a big time with Arrma and they're easy to work on. When you find a used one, I'd be sure to get more than photos because you'll want to listen for diff issues...never know if a guy jacked the punch up to 9 and loved standing backflips. They killed my Noto diffs when I was in that phase. lol
After i researched the redcat I was like meh. The build, speed and jumping left allot to be desired after repeatedly watching duberbash??. I plan to take my bud along if he has time. His garage is an rc hangout lol. Tubs of parts. Xmax in the corner, that new $1000 losi just to name a few. I plan to use him as my ears.

Last edited:
Welp i landed a v2 outcast.bud checked it out and its hardly used. Runs good.

Attachments

• 20200311_194158_HDR.jpg
    20200311_194158_HDR.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200311_200407.jpg
    20200311_200407.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200311_194813_HDR.jpg
    20200311_194813_HDR.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200311_205029.jpg
    20200311_205029.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200311_200421.jpg
    20200311_200421.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200311_211304_HDR.jpg
    20200311_211304_HDR.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200311_205049.jpg
    20200311_205049.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 44
Yea so it did some carwheels(10+) lost the wing somewhere and then more cartwheels. Drove fine all the way back home. Just when i show the wife hey look babe. Slowly turning i hear that sound no one wants to hear. A broken gear. I'll just pickup some cheap servo, saver and a mount for time being and have fun. Plan to go through it grease and lube it to my liking.

Anyone ever thought to use graphite spray on the pinion and spur?

Yea so it did some carwheels(10+) lost the wing somewhere and then more cartwheels. Drove fine all the way back home. Just when i show the wife hey look babe. Slowly turning i hear that sound no one wants to hear. A broken gear. I'll just pickup some cheap servo, saver and a mount for time being and have fun. Plan to go through it grease and lube it to my liking.

Anyone ever thought to use graphite spray on the pinion and spur?
Not really necessarily but some use Teflon wax based bike chain lube.

Not really necessarily but some use Teflon wax based bike chain lube.
Right on. I can see why the servo, mount and saver are suggested upgrades. It felt like i could use stronger steering while turning. Not sure it makes sense, but ill have to find something locally to keep busy this weekend.

Hey is the stock servo or any servo rebuildable? Also will i need a bec if i decide to use other then stock servo?
The stock servo is cheap enough that it's not worth rebuilding. You can buy rebuild kits for most decent servos.

As far as the BEC question, the short answer in no. A servo capable of running on 7.4v will run on the BLX185 6v BEC. Now of you want the better performance that some servos offer at 7.4 volts, you need a BEC or an ESC capable of putting out 7.4 volts.

Hey is the stock servo or any servo rebuildable? Also will i need a bec if i decide to use other then stock servo?
Arrma technically sells the inner parts, but I can’t image they sell often. Replacement servos are $25 on Amazon.

Arrma technically sells the inner parts, but I can’t image they sell often. Replacement servos are $25 on Amazon.
I think you can buy a new one from Jenny's for about the same price as the rebuild kit.

If you don't mind the wait on the slow boat you can get good servos from Banggood for about $12 for the DS3225mg.

I think you can buy a new one from Jenny's for about the same price as the rebuild kit.
Gotcha I like tinkering but if its not worth it I'll pass.

If you don't mind the wait on the slow boat you can get good servos from Banggood for about $12 for the DS3225mg.
Ill check Bangood out. Thanks for the part#

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back