Kraton Outcast or Kraton 6s Questions and Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoJT

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking to buy myself a Kraton or an Outcast 6s - I'm on the fence..... Could use opinions on which way to go... Looking for a great basher - durability is key. How different is the driving experience between the two trucks?

I'm also going to be buying my kids Typhons or Big Rock 3S. Thinking we about buying (4) 3S batteries that way we can share one (dual charger) and the batteries. Was reading I can run the Outcast or Kraton with 2X 3S batteries. Is that true, does this sound like a good idea to save a few bucks and keep consistent?

The only thing that I don't like with these trucks is the stock body. In the past I had an Emaxx and Revo and loved buying and painting different bodies. I went to Proline's website but it's really unclear what bodies will fit either of these trucks. Any feedback on some aftermarket bodies would be great. Do I need the wing? On my revo the wing would break a lot.

Thanks all!

Hi All,

Looking to buy myself a Kraton or an Outcast 6s - I'm on the fence..... Could use opinions on which way to go... Looking for a great basher - durability is key. How different is the driving experience between the two trucks?

I'm also going to be buying my kids Typhons or Big Rock 3S. Thinking we about buying (4) 3S batteries that way we can share one (dual charger) and the batteries. Was reading I can run the Outcast or Kraton with 2X 3S batteries. Is that true, does this sound like a good idea to save a few bucks and keep consistent?

The only thing that I don't like with these trucks is the stock body. In the past I had an Emaxx and Revo and loved buying and painting different bodies. I went to Proline's website but it's really unclear what bodies will fit either of these trucks. Any feedback on some aftermarket bodies would be great. Do I need the wing? On my revo the wing would break a lot.

Thanks all!
OC6S will be hard not to wheelie. Kraton will wheelie when you want it to. OC6S will backflip almost any jump. Kraton will backflip most jumps if you really push it.

There is a brand new BRCC in the classifieds really cheap. Grab it ASAP.

You can share lipos, but it would be best to use a matching pair for the 6S rig and not break it up unless one pack goes bad. I prefer 6S packs myself, but it’s a personal preference.

You don’t need a wing. Kraton will fit most erevo bodies. OC6S will too but the wheel wells and tires may not line up well.

Either will do , as you can easily convert one to the other . I have the Noto 6s , and am thinking of getting the stuff to make mine a Kraton now . The stunt truck is very fun and as said , very easy to wheelie and backflip !!!!

Ok, been reading that I’m going to need a new transmitter and receiver. Is that true?

Ok, been reading that I’m going to need a new transmitter and receiver. Is that true?
Unfortunately yes , the rtr radio is to unpredictable and might take off on you . Many radios out there to choose from for + / - $ 100 . I run a Futaba 3PV , and you can def tell you feel more " connected " to the vehicle .

I've been using quite a few of the 6s rigs on the stock radios and haven't experienced the problems others have. That being said I bought a dumborc setup for a stretched 8s Mojave and the new Losi 8ight xte I have coming. You can use the 1/8 scale bodies on the outcast and there are some on pro line's site that say they fit the k6. I truggified a typhon and used senton towers and it lined up perfect with some bodies I had for the 3s senton and slashes. I run a c10 body and a bug body on it.

dude buggy2.jpg

dude buggy3.jpg

I bought a kraton 6s about a month ago. The tires are rubbish. I have ripped the rears apart and had the foam splurge out. I'm now trying to find something a bit more substantial. I flipped it and ripped the rear wing off. For a bash truck, it's a bit crap. Certainly not worth the £500 price tag.

I bought a kraton 6s about a month ago. The tires are rubbish. I have ripped the rears apart and had the foam splurge out. I'm now trying to find something a bit more substantial. I flipped it and ripped the rear wing off. For a bash truck, it's a bit crap. Certainly not worth the £500 price tag.
If you didn’t vent the tires, you probably had water or sand trapped inside and that caused the tire to blow out. While the CH2 tires aren’t my favorite, they are decent. I prefer the Backflip LPs.

If you didn’t vent the tires, you probably had water or sand trapped inside and that caused the tire to blow out. While the CH2 tires aren’t my favorite, they are decent. I prefer the Backflip LPs.
They have a hole either side inside the rim, so they came vented. I'm looking at something Belted instead. I have these on order "Sweep Terrain Crusher Belted Tyre Black 17mm Wheels 1/4 Offset"

They have a hole either side inside the rim, so they came vented. I'm looking at something Belted instead. I have these on order "Sweep Terrain Crusher Belted Tyre Black 17mm Wheels 1/4 Offset"
That’s the rims that are vented. If you don’t vent the TIRES they will blow out.

Op... to the battery comment for sharing. When you pair them for 6s you have to keep them mated. When you start using them for 3s you have to be careful if you try to use them as 6s again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back