Outcast or kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crab

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
help me make up my mind here. I have 3- ecx ruckus 2wd and 1- stampede. I'm bout tired of working on my ruckus. Thing would fly thou. Has a castle creations sct in it. With a lot of upgraded parts. We play a lot on pavement. Jump speed bumps and other small jumps. I had a lot of fun with mine as it was a wheelie king lol. Even had a traxxas wheelie bar on it. Lately we've been playing in yards and gravel some too. So I trashed transmission parts out of mine. And am thinking about just getting a arrma and use mine for spare parts lol. Do both do ok on pavement and gravel? I know outcast would be harder to land jumps but we don't go big there anyways.
Thoughts?

I love my Outcast. Use it more than any other rc, almost daily. Haven't broken a part yet (1 month). I don't have a Kraton, but they are geared the same and share some of the same parts. Outcast has shorter wheelbase and is taller. Outcast is a wheelie king and stuntier, and Kraton is probably faster and stunt capable. If you want side by side Arrma has compare vehicle tab on their site, if you didn’t already know. Good luck, their both great.

I love my Outcast. Use it more than any other rc, almost daily. Haven't broken a part yet (1 month). I don't have a Kraton, but they are geared the same and share some of the same parts. Outcast has shorter wheelbase and is taller. Outcast is a wheelie king and stuntier, and Kraton is probably faster and stunt capable. If you want side by side Arrma has compare vehicle tab on their site, if you didn’t already know. Good luck, their both great.
That I didn't see lol. I'll pull it up in computer. I've enjoyed my ruckus but want something stronger. More durable. As long as ain't slower than it was I'm good there. So 45mph at least. Wheelie are fun lol. Hell I don't mind flipping it over. But get tired of axles, wheels, and transmission all stripping out lol

So it looks like their very similar. Just one is shorter. Will both do good on 4S? I know 6 would be better. But jumps. Wheelies etc. is that doable on 4. Don't want to buy a crap ton of batteries. As I already have several 50c 7000 batteries.

I run only 6s and larger pinion no prob. But look at videos from the likes of members thomas p, rich duperbash and others. They have skills and run larger pinions and 6s only with ESC programmed to the drivers liking. You won't believe what some people can get these trucks to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back