Outcast Outcast pinion problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedGT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I've ran the stock 12t, arrma 14t and now the optional 16t and all 3 have stripped. It's still on stock settings. Are the robinson racing gears for these any good? I run robinson gears on all my other trucks. Opinions on what's the toughest pinion gear for the outcast?

I've ran the stock 12t, arrma 14t and now the optional 16t and all 3 have stripped. It's still on stock settings. Are the robinson racing gears for these any good? I run robinson gears on all my other trucks. Opinions on what's the toughest pinion gear for the outcast?
I run the Tekno pinion gear in my outcast. I bash very hard on 6s with no problems. I have read great things about the RR ones as well.

3rd outing with mine on 6S and blew 3 teeth off the 12t pinion, put the 14t in and hopefully it lasts long enough to hit the big hobby shop an hour away so I can grab a good gear.

RR all the way...running 16T, no issues.
Like with any pinion set up...good or bad proper mesh is crucial to preventing its life, and that of the motor etc.

What's the best pinion for the outcast over the stock 12t for bashing? 13t or 14t.

Ive got a 14t robinson on mine at the moment. 6s wall flips, standing backflips and even backwards front wheel wheelies... No problems at all so far with the pinion :)

Tekno would be best only because they have the huge setscrew that you can really crank down. Even on mine I had to put blue loctite on the shaft as well to get the stupid pinion to stop moving.

Yes the set screw is larger I threw a little blue 245 locktight on there been bashing 6s punch 9 and no movement still with the tenko loving it

Yes the set screw is larger I threw a little blue 245 locktight on there been bashing 6s punch 9 and no movement still with the tenko loving it

I needed blue on the shaft of the motor and on the setscrew to get it to stay. Punch 9 as well.

Are you running the tenko or the hh pinion my outcast came with red on the factory pinion which took some time to get off but when I swapped to the 16t that came with the truck seemed like no matter how much blue I used it still walked off the output shaft even with 24 hours cure time but I thrw the tenko on an absolutely no issues

Tekno pinion. The factory pinion I luckily had my 30 year old pinion puller as that thing wasn't going anywhere. But even with blue locktite on the setscrew of the tekno pinion, it still came loose. Has not come loose again yet even though my son just wiped out a good portion of the front of the truck.

I kno your pain there my son has a vxl with a momma monster in it I let him drive the outcast for like 10 mins and he smacked a railroad tie full speed ripped the crap front bumper off and snapped the lower a arm in half broke the shock eyelet off and bent the dog bone on that side luckiy I enjoy working on my rcs as much as I like to bash them great hobby to get kids into helps with a better understanding of electrical circuis and gives them a general understanding of mechanics

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back