Outcast OutCast Pinion Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raji

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
The Next Upgrade would be 16T Robinson Racing Pinion and HPI 12T there are much stronger ;)

This Monster has striped 4 Stock Arrma Pinions tell now :D

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-14 at 11.30.20 AM(2).jpeg

So, I have striped 4 pinions gears tell now
Do you think the mesh is the problem?

Could be.
Four is a lot...are you bashing on 6S?
A good mesh is key not only for pinion life but also good engine temps.
I agree with Rich that the stock pinions are not good.
I have a Robinson 16T...no problems thus far.

Could be.
Four is a lot...are you bashing on 6S?
A good mesh is key not only for pinion life but also good engine temps.
I agree with Rich that the stock pinions are not good.
I have a Robinson 16T...no problems thus far.
Yes I am bashing on 6S
I just installed 12t Robinson pinion
It's seems great until now no scratches after the first run

Most certainly it could be mesh and very likely. It could also be because you are doing jumps and then landing while giving it throttle.

For the mesh I'm doing it by paper method
landing while giving it throttle this is a reasonable cause because it's always striped while I'm giving it a full throttle on a grass and small bumps
So I think it normal for my driving

I don't use paper for meshing, just make sure you have a very slight amount of wiggle room. If i hold the spur gear in place I can move the pinion back and forth just a hair. This is how I was taught. All stock pinions still In tact

I don't use paper for meshing, just make sure you have a very slight amount of wiggle room. If i hold the spur gear in place I can move the pinion back and forth just a hair. This is how I was taught. All stock pinions still In tact

For the first 4 striped pinions I have did the same and now with the new gear I am doing the paper method

Some times I lose the mesh. Although, I tight the two Screws very hard

Is there a an Idea or something could help?

I threw in the tenko 17t after stripping the stock pinion 3 times so I feel ur pain but no problems sence the tenko went in and I only bash 6s

The stock pinions are crap. They strip, most likely nothing to do with mesh. The by feel method is really the best way to do it. Paper method is not bad, but you have to make sure you do it on at least two places as the gears are never perfectly round and likely you end up tight on one spot.

for losing the mesh, are you using loctite on the screws holding the motor?

Some times I lose the mesh. Although, I tight the two Screws very hard

Is there a an Idea or something could help?

Raji - are us using threadlocker on those screws, and letting it cure 24 hours before using the vehicle?

The stock pinions are crap. They strip, most likely nothing to do with mesh. The by feel method is really the best way to do it. Paper method is not bad, but you have to make sure you do it on at least two places as the gears are never perfectly round and likely you end up tight on one spot.

for losing the mesh, are you using loctite on the screws holding the motor?
Raji - are us using threadlocker on those screws, and letting it cure 24 hours before using the vehicle?

I was not using the thread-locker I put some last night. I will see how it woks
Thanks @robl45 @vitamindimo

Stock pinions are crap. Drop in the Robinson #1216.
Rich Duperbash, looking to upgrade my stock pinion on my 6s KRATON since i have installed yeah racing dual hurricane fans!
Would the Robinson Racing 1216 Pinion Gear Xtra Hard 5mm 16T Mod 1 RRP be a good choice for an upgrade brother on my KRATON OR MY 6s NOTORIOUS??
Yeah Racing.jpeg

Last edited:
Rich Duperbash, looking to upgrade my stock pinion on my 6s KRATON since i have installed yeah racing dual hurricane fans!
Would the Robinson Racing 1216 Pinion Gear Xtra Hard 5mm 16T Mod 1 RRP be a good choice for an upgrade brother on my KRATON OR MY 6s NOTORIOUS??
View attachment 89088
Yes indeed ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back