Outcast Outcast question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmann68

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi everyone, been enjoying my Big Rock 3s since purchasing it 6 months ago, but I’d like to ad an Outcast to the collection. My LHS has a sale on the previous version of the outcast, and I can save a good chunk of dough versus the latest edition. Cons? Should I pony up for the newest version? I’ve seen different info on the differences between the two. Thanks in advance for the advise!!

IMHO, the only really nice upgrade is the motor mount and maybe the ball ends on the steering turnbuckles. Both of which you can likely get at jenny's fairly cheap.

I agree, get last year's model. With the extra money you could buy the motor mount off Jenny's and still have a few bucks in your pocket.

Love that truck!

I never understood / got into drifting but watching this Ken Block action and considering Arrma with the release of the Infraction, I may have to start trying harder. Looks like fun and I know it's a challenge keeping it under safe control. I put some drift tires on a WLToys baby RC and it's certainly harder to control than it looks. Combine drift with American looking muscle instead of standard ricers and I'll be in on the fun.

I never understood / got into drifting but watching this Ken Block action and considering Arrma with the release of the Infraction, I may have to start trying harder. Looks like fun and I know it's a challenge keeping it under safe control. I put some drift tires on a WLToys baby RC and it's certainly harder to control than it looks. Combine drift with American looking muscle instead of standard ricers and I'll be in on the fun.
My 1st car was a 1971 Chevy Nova, put it thru hell. Learned how to drift in it. Rainy days were awesome, drifting teaches you how to really drive. Fast forward today, drifting is a sport, from ricers in Fast and Furious to RC, who would have thought.

My 1st car was a 1971 Chevy Nova, put it thru hell. Learned how to drift in it. Rainy days were awesome, drifting teaches you how to really drive. Fast forward today, drifting is a sport, from ricers in Fast and Furious to RC, who would have thought.
Now that’s drifting. Ken block... what a joke!! He’s a great driver, way better than me, but with all wheel drive it’s not even close to drifting. I’d like to see someone put him in an old school Chrysler like a clapped out Dodge Dart 440 (my first car) and see if he can do the same stuff in his videos... LOL. That nova must’ve been killer. My Dart was a 68, had a hole in the floor. I don’t think I had it for 2 months before I cracked the frame and sold it. Man that was the best 2 months ever..

Now that’s drifting. Ken block... what a joke!! He’s a great driver, way better than me, but with all wheel drive it’s not even close to drifting. I’d like to see someone put him in an old school Chrysler like a clapped out Dodge Dart 440 (my first car) and see if he can do the same stuff in his videos... LOL. That nova must’ve been killer. My Dart was a 68, had a hole in the floor. I don’t think I had it for 2 months before I cracked the frame and sold it. Man that was the best 2 months ever..
I think most people were hard on their 1st car, I certainly was. When I grew up muscle cars were everywhere, my Mom would drive us to school in my brothers 68' 383 Roadrunner, what a trip was that.

If we knew how much these cars would be worth, we would have tried to hold onto them. My brother had a brand new 1969 Z28 Camaro with the RS package. Seen them sell on Barrett Jackson for 100K+ for over past 10 years.

Wish I had a hole in my floor so I could ditch the chronic when the cops pulled me over. Lol

I think most people were hard on their 1st car, I certainly was. When I grew up muscle cars were everywhere, my Mom would drive us to school in my brothers 68' 383 Roadrunner, what a trip was that.

If we knew how much these cars would be worth, we would have tried to hold onto them. My brother had a brand new 1969 Z28 Camaro with the RS package. Seen them sell on Barrett Jackson for 100K+ for over past 10 years.

Wish I had a hole in my floor so I could ditch the chronic when the cops pulled me over. Lol
Well I bought my Dart in 2006 for $500... that thing was never gonna be worth anything because it was soooo destroyed LOL.

Well I bought my Dart in 2006 for $500... that thing was never gonna be worth anything because it was soooo destroyed LOL.
Yeah time is a killer to the old cars, especially from the snow belt. The lucky few survivors are the ones that are worth money today. I had my share of nice muscle cars over the years. I lost 2 1969 Camaros in a hurricane in 2005. Had them for 20 years at the time. Had them fully restored in that time, really beautiful rides.

Have a 1970 Nova survivor that I hope won't be taken from me. Really clean car.
20170713_184628.jpg

Yeah time is a killer to the old cars, especially from the snow belt. The lucky few survivors are the ones that are worth money today. I had my share of nice muscle cars over the years. I lost 2 1969 Camaros in a hurricane in 2005. Had them for 20 years at the time. Had them fully restored in that time, really beautiful rides.

Have a 1970 Nova survivor that I hope won't be taken from me. Really clean car.View attachment 42517
Wow man that thing is gorgeous. What does she run in the quarter? I never ran a drag setup on my Dart but I took it down with a high 15. I’m certain yours is better..

Wow man that thing is gorgeous. What does she run in the quarter? I never ran a drag setup on my Dart but I took it down with a high 15. I’m certain yours is better..
Car will run in the 10.0s at 133+mph 1/4 mile.
20170713_190358.jpg
Mostly bracket raced so not always set on kill. 383 SBC, no power adders. Runs well for what it is.

Car will run in the 10.0s at 133+mph 1/4 mile.View attachment 42550 Mostly bracket raced so not always set on kill. 383 SBC, no power adders. Runs well for what it is.
Damn man. That’s sweet. I wish I cared enough to take some pictures so we could see how much worse my engine bay was... wires everywhere and all. That 440 still ran even when I sold it, but I’m fairly sure it was running on 7.... when it’s that big it doesn’t matter too much as I didn’t have a drag setup, just superstock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back