Outcast rear diff gone. Do you upgrade to this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTErene10$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 8s
ARA 310975 metal diff case. Just seeing if anyone has upgraded to this optional part from arrma? Ordered two of them for front and rear Diffs. Along with new gear sets to fix my exploded rear end.

E005BAD6-E048-4BD5-8E90-B6AA8AAF0BF7.png

Just curious, how did you smoke a diff in this truck? Mine is 30lbs with both packs It on 12s. Both my diffs look nearly perfect.
Your not trying hard enough..

Just curious, how did you smoke a diff in this truck? Mine is 30lbs with both packs It on 12s. Both my diffs look nearly perfect.
Internal diff gears teeth missing/broke off. Did replace diff out drive cups about two months ago. Everything looked perfect then also when putting back together. About ten more packs in and it blew wouldn’t put power to rear tires.
The damage.

Attachments

• CF50EA7A-EACD-423E-B04D-4E80670545B2.jpeg
    CF50EA7A-EACD-423E-B04D-4E80670545B2.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 4FEC6FB3-4622-43FD-B1AA-FB03CED5E0B9.jpeg
    4FEC6FB3-4622-43FD-B1AA-FB03CED5E0B9.jpeg
    418.4 KB · Views: 68
Not sure the diff case will help all that much. More so proper shimming of the diff and gear lash between the input and ring gear will contribute to longer life and better performance.

I've destroyed one rear diff on one my Arrmas trucks once. The diff case split apart and damaged the internal gears. It took me months to do it on the O8S, but the case on the rear diff on my EXB K8S came loose after the like 5 runs. I had to use red loctite on the aluminum differential cases since they kept coming loose on me with Bluetooth loctite.

FWIW.. the screws just snap off in the metal cases too.
DDB93CD1-D37C-4C50-8170-D99D093B3FFC.jpeg

I’ve blown out two plastic ones and two metal ones.

FWIW.. the screws just snap off in the metal cases too. View attachment 174049
I’ve blown out two plastic ones and two metal ones.
That happened to me also on the metal ones when I was using blue loctite (bolts come loose). I'm going to inspect the them again soon and see if they didn't come loose with red loctite. Did you use blue loctite?

I've never seen those. They are a oddball 2.5mm screw.

You guys must be hammering throttle or brake in air or are on throttle when landing. Those are a couple of the most stressful times for drivetrains. I've tried even with 12s and have not been able to make gear salad yet..
Well I have to control this thing to avoid carnage when doing 30ft plus jumps 🤣

You guys must be hammering throttle or brake in air or are on throttle when landing. Those are a couple of the most stressful times for drivetrains. I've tried even with 12s and have not been able to make gear salad yet..
Just like the center diff screws. There I believe the same if not a 3.5mm. I don’t do a lot of jumping. I mean 9 months of running hard I’m not surprised it let loose. Few months on a tp 5850 1440kv

They are 3.5mm, I’ve tried 12.9’s and they snapped too..
I only use stock wheels and tires so it’s not because of heavy meats. It’s probably like ya say, just hamming it for air control and wheelie’s. 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back