Outcast Outcast shock cups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niceshotd

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
does anybody know why I am always breaking shock ends on the rear. I'm landing flat on all four. Running 35wt in the rear with orange tekno shocks and 40wt in the front with orange tekno shocks as well. I have the rear top mounts on the most inner hole out of the three. And advice would help. Thank you Dave

Last edited:
does anybody know why I am always breaking shock ends on the rear. I'm landing flat on all four. Running 35wt in the rear with orange tekno shocks and 40wt in the front with orange tekno shocks as well. I have the rear top mounts on the most inner hole out of the three. And advice would help. Thank you Dave
You may need to adjust your droop screws, tighten them 2-3 turns to bring your A arms up just a bit. You loose a little travel/ground clearance, but the shock ends don't get pulled on as much at full extension. I run stock center shock position still. Seems to be a good angle for shock compression. Worse comes to worse, switch rear springs for Tekno Yellow. I use to run Orange rear, but was bouncing too much and having too many breakages with a stiffer setup. Also added a rear RPM skid plate in back to protect and limit travel just a touch.

You may need to adjust your droop screws, tighten them 2-3 turns to bring your A arms up just a bit. You loose a little travel/ground clearance, but the shock ends don't get pulled on as much at full extension. I run stock center shock position still. Seems to be a good angle for shock compression. Worse comes to worse, switch rear springs for Tekno Yellow. I use to run Orange rear, but was bouncing too much and having too many breakages with a stiffer setup. Also added a rear RPM skid plate in back to protect and limit travel just a touch.
thats a very good point. your chassis will take the grunt of the impact that is breaking your rod ends.

Is your sway bar set correctly so when to r in the ait your shocks arnt at full extension another thing is arrma listened to the complaints and the newer versins are made of thicker plastic I did something different after breaking many eyelets bashing and having had a single 1 go out if u look at my profile pic u can see what I came up with to take some of the strain off of the eyelet but those arnt outcast eyelets or cups either I want a few more bash sessions before I put part numbers out there but completely eliminates any slop in the suspension so check the new model shock eyelets they have the same part number but if you still have issues message me and I'll help u to resolve them I built a jump by my deck the other day to test because I blew my last 2 front eyelets trying to jump my deck bit I cleared it the other day hard landing and no suspension issues at all

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back