Outcast Outcast shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paultro84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Are the shock shafts the same front and rear? Manual doesn't say. It says use 1,000 CST oil in the shocks, any recommendations?

Im pretty sure the rear are longer. I know for sure they are on the kraton and talion and i think they use the same shocks. 63mm front 75mm rear but not 100 percent

Im pretty sure the rear are longer. I know for sure they are on the kraton and talion and i think they use the same shocks. 63mm front 75mm rear but not 100 percent

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find much info on the shocks in my manual. I just wanted to order an extra set of shafts to have on stand by.

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find much info on the shocks in my manual. I just wanted to order an extra set of shafts to have on stand by.
The shock shafts are definitely different front to rear. Do you have a 2017 Outcast or a 2018 Outcast? If you have a 2017 Outcast look on page 49 of the manual, left is front shocks and right is rear shocks. If you have a 2018 Outcast, look on page 56 of the manual.

It's a 2017. Thanks for the info. All I found was a shock maintenance section but it just said how to fill it and clean it.

Last edited:
I lost my manual and so i just downloaded the file. It was on page 56 of the manual I downloaded. Thank you for the help. I just got done putting the rear end back together and pulling the front end apart. Found a bent shock shaft. Thanks again for your help guys. I appreciate it.

I would highly recommend that you buy shocks with a 4mm shock shaft. You will just bend the stock ones again. I rebuilt mine once, first jump on the fresh rebuild and they were already bent again. Cheapest option is to buy V3 shocks from an ebay chop shop and V3 shock mounts. Or jump on Dollar Hobbyz and buy the kitted shocks for the Tekno ET48.3, shock standoffs for the SCT410, 4 M4 lock nuts and a 4mm drill bit to drill out the shock towers.

Go 6mm no problems yes you have to make and modify the shock bodies and change all o ings bit I heat treated mine and i. Almost done they are huge.
20180409_030346.jpg

Go 6mm no problems yes you have to make and modify the shock bodies and change all o ings bit I heat treated mine and i. Almost done they are huge.View attachment 17856
I just realized that is a Rustler chassis with an Arrma motor mount, motor, center diff and center diff mount on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back