Outcast Outcast steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOVEMYRCMUNNYPIT

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I put a HR aluminum mount in and the steering was working fine. Now when I turn my vehicle on the servo is making noise and won’t turn. Any ideas? Thanks.

Meaning – unless it is a brand new car that you just bought with in the last couple weeks, then your servo saver nut probably came loose and dropped to the chassis.

I purchased it on Black Friday 2018. I’m not sure how to tell what version it is, but I’m pretty sure it’s v3.

Could be the horn spline is too tall and it's hitting the case? Or the screw is too long and damaged the innards. I've done that before.

Could have been cause by a longer screw. I bought the steel replacement screw kit. Is it possible to tighten the horn to the servo too tight?

To tight, no, but depending on how the output shaft is designed, too long can cause problems. Either strip the threads out of the output shaft, or drive the screw through the gear into the potentiometer it sits on, which destroys the servo. Or of the depth of the cup where the splines are is too deep for your servo, it will drive the horn into the top of the servo case causing it to bind. I've done all those things... I'm not very nice to servos. lol

To tight, no, but depending on how the output shaft is designed, too long can cause problems. Either strip the threads out of the output shaft, or drive the screw through the gear into the potentiometer it sits on, which destroys the servo. Or of the depth of the cup where the splines are is too deep for your servo, it will drive the horn into the top of the servo case causing it to bind. I've done all those things... I'm not very nice to servos. lol

I’m just trying to learn. Lol. It was the top middle gear in the servo that stripped. I took somebodies suggestion for a quick fix and rotated the gear and that side stripped while I was checking it. So now I’m looking at the upgrade threads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back