Outcast Outcast stiff steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Necroscope

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I lost the gears in my steering servo today, it sure sounded ill.

Upon removing the servo horn, it's hardly surprising it went as the steering is very very stiff.

Before i replace/upgrade the servo, what can I check yo see why it's binding?

Thanks,

Phil

Personally I would investigate everything in the steering. Take it all apart, lubricate stuff as I go. There's some brass bushings on the post your servo saver is on that need grease. And on the post on the other side. Or a lot of people are putting bearings on these posts in place of these bushings. Make sure your steering plate isn't bent too. It's the piece that joins the left side and right side tie rod.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the advise.
As you suspected the steering plate is bent. I will follow you advise to lubricate everything upon reassembly.
Phil.

Morning guys, steering plate flattened and all parts lubricated. All fixed, thanks for the advice. Have to admit that had you not suggested checking that plate, that the bend was so subtle that i probably would have missed it.

Morning guys, steering plate flattened and all parts lubricated. All fixed, thanks for the advice. Have to admit that had you not suggested checking that plate, that the bend was so subtle that i probably would have missed it.

Glad I could help out. If it keeps bending on you Voltage Hobbies makes a very strong one you can upgrade to.

I must have bent that on the same run that killed the front bumper and that was months ago!

I was concerned about straightening it at first and couldn't imagine how much force it would have taken to bend it in the first place.

Then i managed to fix it with 2 hits, kind of says it all really............

Thanks again.

The quality of the aluminum parts is pretty Meh. It bends way to easily.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back