Outcast Outcast upgrade Journey. Mamba XLX 2, 800kv motor (now 1100kv) , 39/39 (now 30/47) gearing and a few more bits.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm running a castle mmx8s 2028 800kv combo with a castle blower, 35/39 gearing and my 7200 smc haven't puffed. Pulled 330 amps at times. Ec5 connectors. Don't have any heat issues either. Driving style will affect temps a lot.

I'm running a castle mmx8s 2028 800kv combo with a castle blower, 35/39 gearing and my 7200 smc haven't puffed. Pulled 330 amps at times. Ec5 connectors. Don't have any heat issues either. Driving style will affect temps a lot.
The fans make a way bigger difference than I thought they would. Much better temps after getting them on. I'm putting a TP5860 in it once I confirm it fits, so at that point I know I'm gonna need the flow of the connectors as they pull ALOT of amps

The fans make a way bigger difference than I thought they would. Much better temps after getting them on. I'm putting a TP5860 in it once I confirm it fits, so at that point I know I'm gonna need the flow of the connectors as they pull ALOT of amps
I was just throwing my experience in for @Armarookie43

I would have to look through data logging but I beleive I hit 160°f on esc and 170°f on motor on hot days? Like 90°f or hotter days?

Thanks for the input. Yeah this XLX2 and motor are crazy. I thought I wouldn't need a fan, but it looks like I do for the motor and newer batteries. My SMC ones were already looking rough even before running them on this system (both the 7200mAh and the 9400 75C ones). And yeah I keep pushing this thing to its limits with almost non stop driving. I forget to let it go rest once in awhile, but I'm having so much fun! Anyways, one of my other batteries that is much newer did not puff, so that is a good sign. All these that have puffed were already on their way out honestly. The XLX2 just finished them off.

Thanks for the input. Yeah this XLX2 and motor are crazy. I thought I wouldn't need a fan, but it looks like I do for the motor and newer batteries. My SMC ones were already looking rough even before running them on this system (both the 7200mAh and the 9400 75C ones). And yeah I keep pushing this thing to its limits with almost non stop driving. I forget to let it go rest once in awhile, but I'm having so much fun! Anyways, one of my other batteries that is much newer did not puff, so that is a good sign. All these that have puffed were already on their way out honestly. The XLX2 just finished them off.
Get into data logging and set up the temp cutoff for the motor. It makes you feel a little more secure.

Get into data logging and set up the temp cutoff for the motor. It makes you feel a little more secure.
I have the Bluetooth link so I'm using that to set up cut off at 180 degrees. The only thing missing in the app (for Android at least) is the data logging. Everything else is fully functional, including firmware updates. It did cut off the motor today when it hit 180. Overall I'm impressed at how the O8S Is handling the upgraded power. I'm driving it next to my upgraded xmaxx trucks and it outperforms the Xmaxx during high speed turns and in the air too. I'm breaking the xmaxx more now since it's a wild beast with all that extra power. I'm still getting used to it.

I have the Bluetooth link so I'm using that to set up cut off at 180 degrees. The only thing missing in the app (for Android at least) is the data logging. Everything else is fully functional, including firmware updates. It did cut off the motor today when it hit 180. Overall I'm impressed at how the O8S Is handling the upgraded power. I'm driving it next to my upgraded xmaxx trucks and it outperforms the Xmaxx during high speed turns and in the air too. I'm breaking the xmaxx more now since it's a wild beast with all that extra power. I'm still getting used to it.
Yeah I sold my Bluetooth adapter because it doesn't support data logging. I have an xmaxx with the mmx8s and an 1100kv hobbywing motor. It's my basher, for big air. My 6s kraton (max6 1480kv hobbystar motor) is for stunts and the occasional 1/8 race between me and my friends. My kraton 8s just flys around the track. It's got an m2c chassis and the primal servo.

I have to say for all the abuse I dish out to both my xmaxx and kraton 6s, they take it well. I don't beat on my k8s, it's to expensive when it breaks. But I do jump it.

Last edited:
Yeah I sold my Bluetooth adapter because it doesn't support data logging. I have an xmaxx with the mmx8s and an 1100kv hobbywing motor. It's my basher, for big air. My 6s kraton (max6 1480kv hobbystar motor) is for stunts and the occasional 1/8 race between me and my friends. My kraton 8s just flys around the track. It's got an m2c chassis and the primal servo.

I have to say for all the abuse I dish out to both my xmaxx and kraton 6s, they take it well. I don't beat on my k8s, it's to expensive when it breaks. But I do jump it.
It's weird but my Outcast 8s has never bent the driveshafts as much as the K8S did. That's one of the reasons I like my Outcast 8s more and why I sold my K8S.

It's weird but my Outcast 8s has never bent the driveshafts as much as the K8S did. That's one of the reasons I like my Outcast 8s more and why I sold my K8S.
I haven't bent any driveshaft on my k8s, and really only issue I had was splitting the rear diff cup. Got the aluminum on order. Hopefully it ships soon.

I'm going to try the Castle 1100kv. Ordered. Wish me luck. I'll run it with the new batteries though. I'll probably do 30/39 and will put a fan on the motor. I hope I don't have issues like some others have mentioned (XLX2 burning? And excessive overload code with the 1100kv motor). Fingers crossed.

I'm going to try the Castle 1100kv. Ordered. Wish me luck. I'll run it with the new batteries though. I'll probably do 30/39 and will put a fan on the motor. I hope I don't have issues like some others have mentioned (XLX2 burning? And excessive overload code with the 1100kv motor). Fingers crossed.
Good luck! If issues arise castle has good customer service.

Good luck! If issues arise castle has good customer service.
I guess I'll be the Guinea pig for this one like I was with the Kaiju. Also I ran into another problem today. I was trying to fit the 34t spool that I got from ebay but I think they sent me a pinion instead. It looks very different from the 38t spool. I sent them a message. Check it out :

IMG_20201129_183227.jpg

IMG_20201129_183203.jpg

I figured out my problem. Yeah they advertised it as a spool gear when in fact it's a saga customs pinion. ?. This is what they sent me :

Screenshot_20201129-190841_eBay.jpg

I beleive those have grub screws 90° apart and not 180°. That sucks. There is a limitless spool that's 34t I beleive, you could use that
Yeah that's what I was looking for but these people got me with the wrong description. I already ordered the correct spool gear and I'll see what I can do to return this thing ?

Since I had the center diff in my hands decided to crack it open and I'll probably shove 3 silicone ear plugs in there. I see that my front tires are ballooning despite the 20 million diff fluid. Thoughts on that one? I didn't have to use heat to take it apart. Cool.

Since I had the center diff in my hands decided to crack it open and I'll probably shove 3 silicone ear plugs in there. I see that my front tires are ballooning despite the 20 million diff fluid. Thoughts on that one? I didn't have to use heat to take it apart. Cool.
Mine balloon with 20 million too. I took mine apart with heat without issue. I just cleaned and refilled with 20 million because I've seen lots of broken driveline parts online and not sure if a stiffer center diff would cause those.

I have silicone earplugs in my center diff. No driveline issues so far for me. I ran it literally once before putting them in there. You will have to re-do it once in a while as it does break down

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back