Outcast Outcast upgrade Journey. Mamba XLX 2, 800kv motor (now 1100kv) , 39/39 (now 30/47) gearing and a few more bits.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine balloon with 20 million too. I took mine apart with heat without issue. I just cleaned and refilled with 20 million because I've seen lots of broken driveline parts online and not sure if a stiffer center diff would cause those.
I think the stiffer center diff might do that. I was thinking about going half 20 million and half silicone so that it has a little give. I think Rich does that. I did break a diff cup on the first drive with my O8S while doing bunny hops off parking stops. I was trying to self ride it for some dumb reason and SNAP ?
I have silicone earplugs in my center diff. No driveline issues so far for me. I ran it literally once before putting them in there. You will have to re-do it once in a while as it does break down
How about I do like a little bit of 20 million first then try to mesh in ear plugs for the rest?

Last edited:
I have silicone earplugs in my center diff. No driveline issues so far for me. I ran it literally once before putting them in there. You will have to re-do it once in a while as it does break down
What motor and esc are you running?
I think the stiffer center diff might do that. I was thinking about going half 20 million and half silicone so that it has a little give. I think Rich does that. I did break a diff cup on the first drive with my O8S while doing bunny hops off parking stops. I was trying to self ride it for some dumb reason and SNAP ?

How about I do like a little bit of 20 million first then try to mesh in ear plugs for the rest?
I thought about a mixture of earplugs and 20 million but I really enjoy how my kraton 8s handles.

What motor and esc are you running?

I thought about a mixture of earplugs and 20 million but I really enjoy how my kraton 8s handles.
I went ahead and mixed 20 million with like 1 and a half ear plugs. I'll see what happens. Waiting on the 34t spool gear. I'm going to try 24/34 gearing with the 1100kv motor and take it from there. I could try 39/47 right now though ?

Just watch your temps.
Yeah I have my temp gun with me all the time when I'm running something with different gearing. I saw exocaged run 40/39 on his crusher Kraton and he got that excessive overload error code on his XLX2. His 1100kv motor was about 145f from what I remember.

Yeah I have my temp gun with me all the time when I'm running something with different gearing. I saw exocaged run 40/39 on his crusher Kraton and he got that excessive overload error code on his XLX2. His 1100kv motor was about 145f from what I remember.
I doubt he bashed hard on that gearing. Especially with that gearing. I can hit those temps easily with the 800kv and 35/39 gears so be careful.

I doubt he bashed hard on that gearing. Especially with that gearing. I can hit those temps easily with the 800kv and 35/39 gears so be careful.
Yeah to me personally it sounds like that gearing is too tall. I'll just wait for the 34t spool and run what I intended to do from the beginning : 24/34 with the 1100kv motor. That's what I'm used to. Thanks ?. It will be here on Friday.

Yeah to me personally it sounds like that gearing is too tall. I'll just wait for the 34t spool and run what I intended to do from the beginning : 24/34 with the 1100kv motor. That's what I'm used to. Thanks ?. It will be here on Friday.
I know the mmx8s has a temp shutoff for the motor, maybe the xlx2 will have it as well. I set mine to 180°f.

I know the mmx8s has a temp shutoff for the motor, maybe the xlx2 will have it as well. I set mine to 180°f.
Tried using the 30t and 24t pinions on this set up but the motor mount doesn't go far enough in unfortunately. So this ratio is a no go. Now I'll have to go back to the 39t spur and I guess I'll try the 30t pinion first. Struggling to get one of the grub screws out of the 39t since I used loctite. Heating it will have to be done. Before I do that I can also try 35/47 gearing but it seems to slow from what I've seen. 39/47 is too high ?. I'll just keep heating up the 39t spur. Damn.

I couldn't get that grub screw out of the 39t spool. So 39/47 it is. I'll keep you an eye on the temperature and will have cut off at 180f.

Meh. It looks like I'm heading towards the 35/47 gearing ?:

New batteries are ready for that crazy XLX2

20201203_014605.jpg

20201202_141933.jpg

How the hell do I get the data log!?!? Just did a few speed runs on the Mojave in 6s graphine. Running 40/40. Bashed off road few days ago and she only got to 78 degrees!! After a full 100c 6000mah pack.

Make sure you post some data logging so we can see how those batteries perform!
I guess I'll have to order that link cable then for free. Exocaged is running turnigys on the rigs but they are don't look like the turnigy Rapid ones. These batteries are pretty light but they look and feel like quality.

OK so yesterday I went and tried this thing out with the XLX2 1100kv 35/47 gearing. It's very explosive, got a standing backflip by mistake, no error codes, the batteries worked out perfectly (they barely got warm but it was only like 55f outside. I think I found what I was looking. This is is a BEAST now! I would buy those batteries again. No data logging, but it seems that they are working very well (well at least for the first time).

OK so yesterday I went and tried this thing out with the XLX2 1100kv 35/47 gearing. It's very explosive, got a standing backflip by mistake, no error codes, the batteries worked out perfectly (they barely got warm but it was only like 55f outside. I think I found what I was looking. This is is a BEAST now! I would buy those batteries again. No data logging, but it seems that they are working very well (well at least for the first time).
That's what matters, is your happy with it. I would watch temps especially through data logging (use temp gun for batteries). Keep an eye on your ripple and just make sure there isn't a weak spot. But after a few runs and things look good still, u wouldn't worry about temps unt it starts getting warm again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back