Outcast Outcast upgrade Journey. Mamba XLX 2, 800kv motor (now 1100kv) , 39/39 (now 30/47) gearing and a few more bits.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, get in the habit and stop before lvc hits if you want to prolong lipo life. The 3.5V setting should be sufficient, but there is probably too much of a delay build into the system firmware.
Someone told me to set up the value manually, but I'm not sure if that can be done with the Bluetooth link. Yeah that kind of sucks, but if I have to cut my run by like 5 minutes, it's not a big deal. I'll just have to figure out how long it takes to get close to 3.5V. I'm assuming around 12 minutes.

Yes, get in the habit and stop before lvc hits if you want to prolong lipo life. The 3.5V setting should be sufficient, but there is probably too much of a delay build into the system firmware.
I wish castle would give us a higher lvc setting, something like 3.6 or 3.7.

In the first setting (cut off Voltage) you can set it manually with the slider to any value you want. I went with 29V for 8 cells which is around 3.6V per cell. I did a test run today and wouldn't go any lower than that. Check out my results :

Screenshot_20220213-180003.jpg
20220213_130440.jpg

In the first setting (cut off Voltage) you can set it manually with the slider to any value you want. I went with 29V for 8 cells which is around 3.6V per cell. I did a test run today and wouldn't go any lower than that. Check out my results :

View attachment 199923View attachment 199924
Nice! Thanks, I didn't even think to try that. I like NY batteries to be no less than 3.6v at anytime.

This is how I did it BTW. The auto lipo thing is a no go. That goes for the HW ESCS too. I tried setting up the LVC of the spectrum smart 150A ESC, but that one is locked to AUTO only. I did check one battery that I ran with that ESC until I hit LVC and it was fine at 3.6V per cell (in a 4s battery).

Screenshot_20220213-211753.jpg
Screenshot_20220213-211803.jpg
Screenshot_20220213-211824.jpg

Outcast 8s vs construction site. After dealing with the radio glitch code by resetting my new XLX2 replacement from Castle with my PC, it worked well today :

Outcast 8s vs construction site. After dealing with the radio glitch code by resetting my new XLX2 replacement from Castle with my PC, it worked well today :
Great video dude! I found myself laughing along with ya😅 They sure don't make em like they used to!!! Arrma tough

Great video dude! I found myself laughing along with ya😅 They sure don't make em like they used to!!! Arrma tough
Thanks. I feel that the $3k spent to make this thing a flying tank were worth it. With the 4.3 Trenchers and the giant electronics, it powers through some insane terrain that I had trouble just walking through it. I fell like 3 times (twisted my ankle too) and my son fell a whole bunch of times 🤣👍

So my Castle 2028 1100kv motor gave up. It's locking up internally. I'm assuming it was the big jumps and chassis slaps that destroyed it. There's no support in the rear. My X-Maxx with the HW 5687 motor has been going strong for 3 years! So I'm going to use a 5687 motor that I had available. It's pretty much brand new. But I'm going to have to put the high power fans on it. Wth the 4.3 Trenchers 30/47 gearing, the XLX2 and new Gens basher pros 100C 8000mah batteries, this thing can hit 60mph on grass. Even with temps outside at only 50F and reducing the throttle at 70%, I hit 190F with non stop driving after a few minutes. That's not good. I'm not going to burn another motor like that again! I'll see how much temps go down with the high speed game changer fans :

20221213_084943.jpg
20221213_085013.jpg
20221209_095405.jpg

Steering alone? No.
All steering problems are prior or post this point.

Unless you have issues with the servo saver strength. What are your problems? Might be easier to diagnose before you throw money away.
It pretty much only wants to steer to the right. I tried adjusting the servo arm, and no matter what I do, it barely steers left. If I lift the wheels, then it can steer all the way right or left. That's why I'm thinking it's the stupid servo saver. Megasty had luck with this servo saver :

Steering alone? No.
All steering problems are prior or post this point.

Unless you have issues with the servo saver strength. What are your problems? Might be easier to diagnose before you throw money away.

It pretty much only wants to steer to the right. I tried adjusting the servo arm, and no matter what I do, it barely steers left. If I lift the wheels, then it can steer all the way right or left. That's why I'm thinking it's the stupid servo saver. Megasty had luck with this servo saver :

I have this exact same problem, truck would steer more one way than the other, even posted on here trying to resolve the problem..
Bought the Vitavon servo saver, but it made no difference :mad::confused: truck still has uneven steering, mine also has M2C steering Ackerman bar and 70kg servo.
When the truck is on my workbench with the wheels in the air the steering is perfect steers equal amounts left and right..!!
I gave up trying to figure out the problem and I'm just living with it..!! I refuse to put anymore money into this RC.
It doesn't make any sense why it's doing it, I have checked and double checked everything I believe it could be and the problem is still happening..:(
If anyone figures this issue out please let me know how you fixed it..

I have this exact same problem, truck would steer more one way than the other, even posted on here trying to resolve the problem..
Bought the Vitavon servo saver, but it made no difference :mad::confused: truck still has uneven steering, mine also has M2C steering Ackerman bar and 70kg servo.
When the truck is on my workbench with the wheels in the air the steering is perfect steers equal amounts left and right..!!
I gave up trying to figure out the problem and I'm just living with it..!! I refuse to put anymore money into this RC.
It doesn't make any sense why it's doing it, I have checked and double checked everything I believe it could be and the problem is still happening..:(
I was afraid of that. Yeah, forget about it. I'm $3k into this thing and I also refuse to spend more money on it. Meanwhile, my XRT and Xmaxx have so much more steering it's ridiculous.

What Servo are you using? I'm using a Raminator servo in my K8S and it seems to steer way better than my O8S within a servo that I picked up from RC juice 🤔

What Servo are you using? I'm using a Raminator servo in my K8S and it seems to steer way better than my O8S within a servo that I picked up from RC juice 🤔
Mine has some 70kg servo in it, can't remember what brand tbh... what gets me is, on the bench it steers fine but when I go out it just has uneven steering o_O o_O o_O

Mine has some 70kg servo in it, can't remember what brand tbh... what gets me is, on the bench it steers fine but when I go out it just has uneven steering o_O o_O o_O
Yeah. I'm trying to see if it's the servo that makes the difference or maybe I put the servo saver on wrong in my O8S 🤔.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back