Outcast Outcast upgrade Journey. Mamba XLX 2, 800kv motor (now 1100kv) , 39/39 (now 30/47) gearing and a few more bits.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got M2C steering Ackerman and Vitavon servo saver on mine and I've lost count how many times I've checked and re-checked my endpoints and setup etc, the damn thing still has uneven steering when it's out being bashed..!! :( :ROFLMAO:

I've got M2C steering Ackerman and Vitavon servo saver on mine and I've lost count how many times I've checked and re-checked my endpoints and setup etc, the damn thing still has uneven steering when it's out being bashed..!! :( :ROFLMAO:
Yeah then it might be your servo then. Like I mentioned before, the Raminator servo in my K8S is way stronger than the other cheap servo that I have in my O8S.

Have you increased the steering epa on one side to compensate for the steering trim? I didn't know you could do this until recently lol. Sometimes I need to set steering trim to like 30 right to get it straight and then obviously now I will turn worse to that side so then I edit the right side steering epa to make up for it.

Have you increased the steering epa on one side to compensate for the steering trim? I didn't know you could do this until recently lol. Sometimes I need to set steering trim to like 30 right to get it straight and then obviously now I will turn worse to that side so then I edit the right side steering epa to make up for it.
I also tried that with my O8S and my DX5 RUGGED. It still didn't help. Like I mentioned before, my K8S with the Raminator servo doesn't have that issue

I also tried that with my O8S and my DX5 RUGGED. It still didn't help. Like I mentioned before, my K8S with the Raminator servo doesn't have that issue
I actually have the raminator servo in my outcast. I use Jx Amazon servo in the k8s. I think it was about 10$ cheaper but it's very similar and I have no problems with it.

I get what your saying, but mine makes no sense because when bashing steering is worse only one direction, yet on my the bench or held in the air I have full steering in both directions o_O o_O o_O :ROFLMAO:

I get what your saying, but mine makes no sense because when bashing steering is worse only one direction, yet on my the bench or held in the air I have full steering in both directions o_O o_O o_O :ROFLMAO:
that has to be a servo saver or servo problem

Nope, I have had 2 different servo savers still does the same thing :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You've tightened them? I actually haven't even messed with the 8s servo saver before but Im assuming it's similar to the 6s where sometimes you need a stiffer spring or to mod it to be stiffer? Have you tried a different servo yet? might be easier to just try that first and it can't hurt to have a spare.

That is not how to check for your issue. Put the wheels down on carpet or other high friction to see what happens.
Wheels in the air is only for endpoints and other obstructions, debug is in the dirt with resistance.

If it's a trim issue, there is also a subtrim setting, but sounds almost like a location of the servo arm and related force.
Put it on the ground and make a video, and maybe we can figure it out. No need to drive, but that power is going somewhere.

Steering forces are not necessarily equal in both directions.

I actually have the raminator servo in my outcast. I use Jx Amazon servo in the k8s. I think it was about 10$ cheaper but it's very similar and I have no problems with it.
Well there goes that theory. I think that's the servo that's in the O8S. I'll have to keep playing with it. I did have to use a different bolt in the servo saver. I'll probably take it apart and put it back together again. That's the only thing I can think of. Maybe I put it back in the wrong place when I installed it.

That is not how to check for your issue. Put the wheels down on carpet or other high friction to see what happens.
Wheels in the air is only for endpoints and other obstructions, debug is in the dirt with resistance.

If it's a trim issue, there is also a subtrim setting, but sounds almost like a location of the servo arm and related force.
Put it on the ground and make a video, and maybe we can figure it out. No need to drive, but that power is going somewhere.

Steering forces are not necessarily equal in both directions.
When I said on my bench, it meant the wheels touching ground ;)

I might change my radio from the stock Arrma one to my Futaba ( it's easier to set ) then set it all up from the beginning and start again..
Atm the O8s is just collecting dust on a shelf

Most people have an "Elf on a shelf" , I've got an Outcast on a shelf :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🎅

When I said on my bench, it meant the wheels touching ground ;)

I might change my radio from the stock Arrma one to my Futaba ( it's easier to set ) then set it all up from the beginning and start again..
Atm the O8s is just collecting dust on a shelf

Most people have an "Elf on a shelf" , I've got an Outcast on a shelf :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🎅
The Outcast 8s is a wheelie machine and a body destroyer. That's why I prefer my K8S. So much more stability at any speed and no wheelies if I don't want to.

You've tightened them? I actually haven't even messed with the 8s servo saver before but Im assuming it's similar to the 6s where sometimes you need a stiffer spring or to mod it to be stiffer?
The 8s servo saver is not like the 6s, the 8s is the worst desgin EVER..!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Man I actually ended up enjoying my o8s more than I thought I would. I kind of just bought it because I wanted another big rig but its been nice for me. Less problems than my kraton by far too but I did just upgrade the motor so I might end up running into the same problems all over again. :ROFLMAO:

I wouldnt trade my O8s for an XRT… my neighbor has one and tires busted right out of the box, ordered new tires then servo went out. My O8s no issues other that after one good jump rear tie rod plastic broke so i upgrade with GPM Arms and rods.. beem like a tank ever since.

77861CDF-E8D3-4EB3-951D-5354E9E9FF7D.jpeg

0894E506-146D-451E-B134-77DE12CCE872.jpeg

8CA44129-77CC-4650-96F9-77A76BFF91D9.jpeg

A53EE468-40EA-4C78-896C-2CD6AC87122E.jpeg

982E18F8-827E-40AC-88ED-9E0FAE7FD4FC.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back