Outcast Outcast upgrade Journey. Mamba XLX 2, 800kv motor (now 1100kv) , 39/39 (now 30/47) gearing and a few more bits.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep!🔥like a tank and she flies! Max 5 esc w/ 860kv..

I wouldnt trade my O8s for an XRT… my neighbor has one and tires busted right out of the box, ordered new tires then servo went out. My O8s no issues other that after one good jump rear tie rod plastic broke so i upgrade with GPM Arms and rods.. beem like a tank ever since.

View attachment 268172

View attachment 268173

View attachment 268174

View attachment 268175

View attachment 268176
I blew out the tires on my outcast 8s and kraton 8s. I can't even use the kraton 8s tires without wrapping them with kevlar. Granted they're great after that but still.

Tires blowing is just a part of the hobby, especially if you have upgraded electronics. I've actually had better luck with the stock XRT tires than i did with the arrma tires but to be fair I swapped them out pretty quickly after I upgraded the electronics.

Yes agreed.. but this was right out of the box on the first run.. nothing crazy. Along with the servo. Maybe just a bad egg off the line..

I'm getting the excessive overload code on my Outcast 8s with the XLX2 and 1100kv castle motor . I'll probably try out my 800kv motor from Castle once again since I think that 35/47 gearing is very rough on the batteries TBH. So I'll probably keep the same gearing and just change the motor. I need the 1100kv motor for the Limitless build that I'm doing anyways. I just want to see if I get that same error code with the 800kv motor too. I'm also considering swapping out the ESC for a MMX8S but this beast might be too heavy for that ESC. Thoughts?
Do you ever run 35t ×47 whit the 800kv catles?? I goin to try 30t × 47 800kv xlx2 for now and them after swap to 39 spur?

Do you ever run 35t ×47 whit the 800kv catles?? I goin to try 30t × 47 800kv xlx2 for now and them after swap to 39 spur?
I tried 39/39 gearing but I never thought it was that responsive as with the 1100kv motor. Even the 5687 motor (which is what I currently use) feels more responsive.

In another note. Check out my latest video with my Outcast 8s. The Xmaxx is ran after that. With the big ass tires, I get even triple backflips :

I wouldnt trade my O8s for an XRT… my neighbor has one and tires busted right out of the box, ordered new tires then servo went out. My O8s no issues other that after one good jump rear tie rod plastic broke so i upgrade with GPM Arms and rods.. beem like a tank ever since.

View attachment 268172

View attachment 268173

View attachment 268174

View attachment 268175

View attachment 268176
We're do you get that all aluminum part??
I tried 39/39 gearing but I never thought it was that responsive as with the 1100kv motor. Even the 5687 motor (which is what I currently use) feels more responsive.

In another note. Check out my latest video with my Outcast 8s. The Xmaxx is ran after that. With the big ass tires, I get even triple backflips :

Bro I try the 30t × 47 with the xlx2+800kv catles, gearing ⚙️ 30t × 47 and letme tell she pop wheelie all day with just a 1/4 throttle is a monster torque machine this 800kv 2028 is too much powerfull and running cooler whitout fan I love it

We're do you get that all aluminum part??

Bro I try the 30t × 47 with the xlx2+800kv catles, gearing ⚙️ 30t × 47 and letme tell she pop wheelie all day with just a 1/4 throttle is a monster torque machine this 800kv 2028 is too much powerfull and running cooler whitout fan I love it
I agree. Be careful with that torque monster motor. I would suggest that you put punch control so that there's no punch at all. And it will still wheelie, but it will control de nasty torque more. Trust me, it's still too much! I need fans on my 5687 motor, but I'm fine with that. I run the huge proline trenchers 4.3 for double and triple backflips, so that contributes to the heat. Do you know your top speed on grass? I'm guessing it's around 50 mph, which is plenty for crazy fun 👍

I agree. Be careful with that torque monster motor. I would suggest that you put punch control so that there's no punch at all. And it will still wheelie, but it will control de nasty torque more. Trust me, it's still too much! I need fans on my 5687 motor, but I'm fine with that. I run the huge proline trenchers 4.3 for double and triple backflips, so that contributes to the heat. Do you know your top speed on grass? I'm guessing it's around 50 mph, which is plenty for crazy fun 👍
How I set punch control?? I will need the b link to set it to 0% right? I think the xlx2 came whit punch control set to 0% factory settings or not ???

How I set punch control?? I will need the b link to set it to 0% right? I think the xlx2 came whit punch control set to 0% factory settings or not ???
You can buy the b link for easy on the fly stuff (that's what I do). Or you can use the coupon code so that they can send you the free link that can connect to your laptop. TBH, the PC thing is way less convenient and I've only used it once to reset my MMX8S when it went crazy. The BT is through your phone. Quick and easy. Well worth the $50 IMHO. Yeah, you would have to learn how to use the app and set up the Blink. Very easy to do 👍.I watched a couple of YT videos and asked around here so that it would be even easer. I have punch control at 100%.and it still wheelies like crazy. And standing backflips too. But I I use the very powerful Gens basher pros. And the mentioned huge tires. After I went with punch control at 100% I've noticed less driveshaft and diff issues indeed.
My set up for my Outcast 8s :

Screenshot_20230415_132031.jpg

You can buy the b link for easy on the fly stuff (that's what I do). Or you can use the coupon code so that they can send you the free link that can connect to your laptop. TBH, the PC thing is way less convenient and I've only used it once to reset my MMX8S when it went crazy. The BT is through your phone. Quick and easy. Well worth the $50 IMHO. Yeah, you would have to learn how to use the app and set up the Blink. Very easy to do 👍.I watched a couple of YT videos and asked around here so that it would be even easer. I have punch control at 100%.and it still wheelies like crazy. And standing backflips too. But I I use the very powerful Gens basher pros. And the mentioned huge tires. After I went with punch control at 100% I've noticed less driveshaft and diff issues indeed.

View attachment 293058
Questions can you set the break to 75% whit the B link ?? And also do you setup your battery Cutt off ??

Questions can you set the break to 75% whit the B link ?? And also do you setup your battery Cutt off ??
Yup. You can do all that. The battery cut off I have it at around 3.5V per cell. I wouldn't go any lower. When I feel that my RC starts losing power I end it right there. I never wait for you full LVC, since sometimes one of the cells can get too low. That's bad for your batteries. That shortens their life and can even damage them. Trust me, I've ruined batteries like that 🤦😅. The LVC is not perfect. I have my brakes at 50%. It has a lot of brakes even at that amount. I have reverse low so that it doesn't take off very fast in reverse. It's all about tunning your rig to your preference :

Screenshot_20230416_120616.jpg

Yup. You can do all that. The battery cut off I have it at around 3.5V per cell. I wouldn't go any lower. When I feel that my RC starts losing power I end it right there. I never wait for you full LVC, since sometimes one of the cells can get too low. That's bad for your batteries. That shortens their life and can even damage them. Trust me, I've ruined batteries like that 🤦😅. The LVC is not perfect. I have my brakes at 50%. It has a lot of brakes even at that amount. I have reverse low so that it doesn't take off very fast in reverse. It's all about tunning your rig to your preference :

View attachment 293337
Ok cutoff voltage- Auto lipo # Auto-lipo volts/ cell..3.8 for me ( BEC voltage 7.4 ( Break Amount 50% and I can set reverse to low right? I got idea 💡 now I gone order my b link this week

View attachment 293058
Why you set punch control to 100% that to low right?

Why you set punch control to 100% that to low right?
Even at 100% punch control, the Outcast 8s is still a wheelie machine. Maybe with your particular tires no. Try it out and see if you like it. You don't want to have too much punch and destroy your drivertrain prematurely. Your motor has so much torque it's crazy. We're talking about 12 horse power on 8s. Let that sink in for a moment. Imagine all that HP going into your thin pins on your driveshafts, diffs, and other components.

Last edited:
Even at 100% punch control, the Outcast 8s is still a wheelie machine. Maybe with your particular tires no. Try it out and see if you like it. You don't want to have too much punch and destroy your drivertrain prematurely. Your motor has so much torque it's crazy. We're talking about 12 horse power on 8s. Let that sink in for a moment. Imagine all that HP going into your thin pins on your driveshafts, diffs, and other components.
Waoo the 800kv catles + XLX2 make 12 horsepower that crazy ok...I understand that what about maybe 25% or 50% is better I still want the power you know I want the fun..?

Waoo the 800kv catles + XLX2 make 12 horsepower that crazy ok...I understand that what about maybe 25% or 50% is better I still want the power you know I want the fun..?
Yeah start at 50% punch control and see if you like it. If not, just lower it. Like I mentioned before, the Outcast 8s is prone to want to wheelie all the time. And to change the punch control it just takes a few minutes anyways with the blink. 👊👍

Yeah start at 50% punch control and see if you like it. If not, just lower it. Like I mentioned before, the Outcast 8s is prone to want to wheelie all the time. And to change the punch control it just takes a few minutes anyways with the blink. 👊👍
Ok I will...another question? Can I just living the b link in the car or i have to remove it...?

Do you know what is exactly the diferential fluid stock?? I want to buy to add because i know they coming lower fluid from factory soo I need to know exactly whit one I need..I like stock fluid right now I pop wheelie easy no too much ballooning tire...?
Do you know what is exactly the diferential fluid stock?? I want to buy to add because i know they coming lower fluid from factory soo I need to know exactly whit one I need..I like stock fluid right now I pop wheelie easy no too much ballooning tire...?
50k/100k/20k this is right? Also who make the good fluid for Arma outcast diff??

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back