Outcast Outcast upgrade Journey. Mamba XLX 2, 800kv motor (now 1100kv) , 39/39 (now 30/47) gearing and a few more bits.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna go with the antispark QS8 connectors since the XLX2 pulls so much current. I also got tired of the spark when connecting the XT150s that I was using.
20210709_232325.jpg
20210710_001338.jpg

I just built an outcast 8s and have the castle 2028/xlx2 combo with the pps motor mount
I went with a 44t pinion on the 47t stock spur and it’s an absolute beast
I haven’t had enough runs to test top speed but it’s pretty fast and wheelies on demand
Runs super smooth as well and no heat
I green loctite the shaft and blue loctite the the set screw
Zero slip issues
Running a set of new smc v2 8000mah lipos

View attachment 110587
How is that single high power fan doing at cooling your motor? I ordered a twin set just in case one fan doesn't cut it. I already tried it once with a single powerhobby fan and it seems to be working fine :

Last edited:
I get an EXB outcast roller, with a MAX5 and Hobbywing 56113 800 kv.
Im looking for a pinion gear mod1 8mm (i cant find in Europe), can i use a 34T spool gear mod1 8mm as a pinion gear?

I get an EXB outcast roller, with a MAX5 and Hobbywing 56113 800 kv.
Im looking for a pinion gear mod1 8mm (i cant find in Europe), can i use a 34T spool gear mod1 8mm as a pinion gear?
You sure can, I run 39/39 using an arrma 8mm spool gear for my pinon.

My red flying tank is doing great! It usually drives away now from things like this :

So I decided to order the rear RPM arms. Some people mention that they are too flexible, causing shock rod ends to break easier and the driveshafts to bend easier too? I have the EXB K8S shocks on mine and will be installing the M2C driveshafts. Thoughts? Experience? I've only damaged two rear control arms on both my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S with the hinge pin, but I've never broken one yet after countless jumps 🤔

So I decided to order the rear RPM arms. Some people mention that they are too flexible, causing shock rod ends to break easier and the driveshafts to bend easier too? I have the EXB K8S shocks on mine and will be installing the M2C driveshafts. Thoughts? Experience? I've only damaged two rear control arms on both my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S with the hinge pin, but I've never broken one yet after countless jumps 🤔
I still have the stock rears on both my 8s trucks and the K8S is a V1. 😮
I’ve broken shock ends and bent plenty of driveshafts..
but the arms a stout! I even bought a bunch of spares when it was new because everyone complains about how fragile they are.. So I’m waiting until I use up my spares eventually. The fronts on the other hand are a completely different story.. RPM for sure!
Also I jump mine at least as high as you do or higher. 😉

I still have the stock rears on both my 8s trucks and the K8S is a V1. 😮
I’ve broken shock ends and bent plenty of driveshafts..
but the arms a stout! I even bought a bunch of spares when it was new because everyone complains about how fragile they are.. So I’m waiting until I use up my spares eventually. The fronts on the other hand are a completely different story.. RPM for sure!
So go with the stock ones in the rear? I think it makes more sense. The problem is that I already bought a pair of the rear rpm ones 🤔. Thanks for the info. Yeah, like I mentioned before, I've yet to break a rear arm. I've only damaged one in each of the trucks with horrible landings (the hinge pins damaged them). I was thinking about putting rear rpm ones on the O8S and keeping the K8S EXB stock in the rear and see if the RPM ones damage to the M2C driveshafts, or break the shock rod ends on the EXB shocks. Hmmmmmm.

I did the exact same thing, bought a bunch of spares..!!
Good job I did as on my second run out when I first got the O8s I did this to an arm and wheelie bar bolt.
Even crazier the jump that caused that damage was no more than 2 foot with a sketchy landing..!!
Personally I think the arm was defective, if you look at it closely it looks as if the plastic had a bad mix or air trapped in it 😩

IMG_8428 copy.jpeg
IMG_8429.jpeg
IMG_8430 copy.jpeg

I did the exact same thing, bought a bunch of spares..!!
Good job I did as on my second run out when I first got the O8s I did this to an arm and wheelie bar bolt.
Even crazier the jump that caused that damage was no more than 2 foot with a sketchy landing..!!
Personally I think the arm was defective, if you look at it closely it looks as if the plastic had a bad mix or air trapped in it 😩

View attachment 159424View attachment 159425View attachment 159426
It's weird because I damaged my rear arm with the hinge pin on a small jump, but I landed sideways

I guess I suck at putting together diffs. That's the second time this happens to me. I cleaned the bolts with break cleaner and used a whole bunch of blue loctite. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Those are bolts came loose, the diff fluid came out but the gears and everything else is still good. These gears are very strong. They survived my mistake.
20210724_171731.jpg

I bent one of my fronteras driveshafts badly on some horrible landings, so I'm going to swap it out with the M2C driveshaft. Let's see what happens next time I have a bad landing with these
20210727_191124.jpg
20210727_191147.jpg
20210727_191325.jpg

I'll be watching this closely, have been thinking of getting these recently..!!
My future purchase relies on your experience with them 😉🤣🤣
Keep us posted..👍🏼

I'll be watching this closely, have been thinking of getting these recently..!!
My future purchase relies on your experience with them 😉🤣🤣
Keep us posted..👍🏼
Rich put them through hell. And I think RC dude did too. If they were not able to to bend them. I doubt I could since they jump like 30ft more than I do 🤣. I only jump around 20-30ft high. But I yeah I'll put them through hell with my bad landings 🤣👍

My stock tires are pretty worn out but I they still work believe it or not. I honestly don't really like the powerhobby XL belted tires. I think that they break more stuff when doing big jumps. I went with the duratrax lockups x 24mm belted tires, which are the same as the Xmaxx lockups. I've been using those for like a year on my X-Maxx with giant gears and they are holding up well. I just have to reglue them once in a while. The powerhobby XL ones are going on my EXB K8S (I blew out one of the stock ones).
Picture comparison to the stock O8S tires and K8S EXB
20210801_123117.jpg
20210801_123126.jpg
20210801_123137.jpg
20210801_123335.jpg
20210801_123346.jpg
20210801_123439.jpg
20210801_123451.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back