Outcast Outcast v1 vs v5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Kind of wondering if v1 outcast and latest v5 outcast can use all the same parts? My son has v1 and I'm considering getting another one. I really want erevo but I may get another one of these if I can keep one set of spare parts for both. I know obviously that the shocks are different and require different standoffs to fit and the center brace is different but are most of the other parts the same or just bolt on? IE. If I buy v5 parts for both well they work?

I'm sure a lot of parts are interchangeable but sure someone will chime in with more detailed info.

There isn't a V5 Outcast yet, it and the Talion are delayed, but there is the Notorious which is basically the same thing.
Anyway yes the V5 parts will fit on the V1 however certain parts will require other V5 parts in order to work, like if you bought the new shock towers you would also probably want to get the new shocks and a arms as well. I am not 100% sure if the a arms are a direct fit or not as I have not had a chance to look over the parts diagram.

The blue notorious is what id get, I thought they were identical except for body

I really want erevo ...
If you look up any ARRMA vs. Traxxas reviews, almost all of them would tell you to get the Outcast/Notorious/Kraton instead of the E-Revo 2.0
I've heared that the ARRMAs are way easier to work on, and that the E-Revo 2.0 breaks a lot of rods.

Plenty has broke on our outcast. Tires ripped apart. My losi lst2 still on same tires 16 years later. Motor mount defective, pinion cracked, all sarms cracked, bumper cracked, servo died, rod end failures, chassis bent etc. Shocks broke, drive shafts bent, about only thing that hasn't broke is the diffs. Maybe newer models are better but so I can't imagine the revo breaking much more.

Anyway I don't want to derail the thread with a which one of better discussion.

Shocks, steering blocks, bulkheads, motor mount are different and better I believe, but interchangeable. The top brace is not and needs the mounting pieces front and back. I like the old inside cage compared to the hoop which is also new.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back