Outcast outcast ve losi XXL2 , both used

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bipbay

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello guys , just sold my trashes Emaxx and going to pull the trigger on a used arrma outcast V1( silver body) 6s RTR kit for $400 shipped , come stock every where it runs fine.
but at the same time I also come across a team losi XXL2 nitro version but modifty for electric, it comes with casle mamba 150a esc ,1518 motor and either a futaba 4 pls or sawa mt4 radio, but cost $550
I've so many good things about the XXL2-e so i asume the nitro version should be the same since the owner said he use all the electric parts to mod it.
I was sold by all the electric goodies that losi had and I belive they're better than the arrma stock.
but at the other end, I'm low on budget , that extra $150 saving on the arrma would get me some nice battery and a better charger ......
I plan to run on the beach with a little jump on the sand and a little bashing on the grass , nothing crazy yet, and most the tiime I run is on the road track doing some wheelie when exiting corners ....
What do you guys think ?

You will not be a big fan on the XXL2E on the pavement. It's an awesome truck but it's big....heavy....and clumsy. It handles like a true monster truck. It will wheelie on command (get spare wheelie bars because the screw holes tend to rip out) and will tackle the sand and grass with ease. They definitely require a good amount of space to run and stop. If I had more room in the yard, I probably never would have gotten rid of mine.

You will not be a big fan on the XXL2E on the pavement. It's an awesome truck but it's big....heavy....and clumsy. It handles like a true monster truck. It will wheelie on command (get spare wheelie bars because the screw holes tend to rip out) and will tackle the sand and grass with ease. They definitely require a good amount of space to run and stop. If I had more room in the yard, I probably never would have gotten rid of mine.

So you mean it needs a bigger space to play with it ? Sure there is , so what arrma u kept ?

Correct. My yard is big enough to have some fun in with my Kraton, my 6 year old's Stampede 4x4, and my little 3 year old's crawler. It was good with my old slash and my e-revo but it just didn't work with the xxl2e. If i had a solid acre or more to play around in...then it would have been a blast.

I should also note that it wasn't super reliable for me. In the 3 weeks that I had it and used it, I blew a rear diff and broke a shock rod on a landing. With that said, lots of people have great luck with them...I just didn't.

Don't know much about the losi but if your trying to save dough the arrma will not disappoint, you may need to upgrade the steering servo but it's a sweet truck and can take abuse

Those prices don't seem great for used to me but maybe I'm disconnected to the market. I paid I think 400 when Tower took coupons on the outcast new and its 499 new for the new upgraded version now. Same thing for the losi. 599 new. I have a losi lst2 converted to electric. Truck is almost bullet proof however I think I like the outcast better. I don't get to drive it much as my son is always driving it, but its a lot more fun to play with since it wheelies so easily and backflips.

Personally though and maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, but I'll probably pick up the new erevo when I have some cash. Its like 550 and its a sexy machine. Finally looks like Traxxas built it to actually take the power too.

Those prices don't seem great for used to me but maybe I'm disconnected to the market. I paid I think 400 when Tower took coupons on the outcast new and its 499 new for the new upgraded version now. Same thing for the losi. 599 new. I have a losi lst2 converted to electric. Truck is almost bullet proof however I think I like the outcast better. I don't get to drive it much as my son is always driving it, but its a lot more fun to play with since it wheelies so easily and backflips.

Personally though and maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, but I'll probably pick up the new erevo when I have some cash. Its like 550 and its a sexy machine. Finally looks like Traxxas built it to actually take the power too.
Yes , so i turn down on the outcast deal already and getting ready to go check out the losi , but would you mind to share where you found the $599 new losi at ? Im interested in that.
Traxxas , was a big fan of them till i keep breaking stuff on my old emaxx....maybe the chassis was too old to take the abuse of today's brushless power.

My bad, it looks like it was 599 but it appears to be discontinued. The new erevo for 550 or so looks like they really beefed everything up. You could also get a new outcast with the upgraded parts for 500 or so.

I saw the xxl2-e for $599 recently at Horizon recently I believe. Have had an Outcast and currently have an xxl2-e. Both awesome, but very different. Outcast is a stunt truck and you can use it in smaller areas as pointed out. I use my xxl2-e in the same space, it is just so much larger and beefier. You should see the shocks on the Losi. Had one break with the outcast, shock rod end. One break with losi, gear in rear diff and pin. I am about to sell the xxl2-e with tekin rx8 gen3 esc, and 2200kv castle motor. Would make the original poster a deal with batteries and charger for what you have been offered. Either one is awesome for what they do.

Losi definately beefy, but can also be a pain to find parts. Heavier too so parts still break. Though I rarely broke much on mine, couple of shock parts and I think an a arm maybe. Honestly though the outcast IMHO is a lot more fun. Still I would buy the new erevo. its just so ridiculously sexy and self righting. I don't care how hard it is on the drivetrain, I got a lazy son who don't want to go and pickup his truck. LOL

Had a 2017 E Revo Brushless and loved it. Fun and fast. Only broke one part on this, the front outdrive. You are looking at some nice rcs

Very nice. It looks to be less ecpensive than the last version when new, still not cheap. Driveline does look much improved. They handle so well.

Very nice. It looks to be less ecpensive than the last version when new, still not cheap. Driveline does look much improved. They handle so well.

msrp is 590 I think, but I read somewhere street should be 550 which is same as outcast. Outcast is superfun, but a Revo for about the same price wins frankly.

that new erevo looks great ,had it been available when i bought my outcast i would have the revo .not to say theres anything wrong with an outcast ,arrma`s are still great ,but that long travel suspension on the revo does it for me .

but alas , i no longer have the funds

Only thing I don't like about the new erevo is the dual batteries. Much bigger pain then just one single 6S pack.

The new revo look great , but after the emaxx i would like to try some heavy duty like the losi, but why everyone said the xxl is too big ? Isn't it the same 1/8 size ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back