Outcast Outcast Versions To Date

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustAnOutcast

compulsive over-thinker, I think. 🤔
Reaction score
Would someone please explain all Outcast versions to date? Hope this isn’t too complicated a question, but I have the 6s EXB and have been trying unsuccessfully to figure out where it sits in the lineup.

My uneducated guess is:

V1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, EXB

Am I even close? Thanks as always!

EXB is technically a V5.
And revisions tend to overlap. Where OC disappeared for a while and the Notorious replaced it for a while when it was released.
The 1st Noto., had no T2T brace and and the adjustable servo saver . V4 Kraton did have a T2T brace but a fixed SS..
It is hard to place a revision, if you consider the whole 6s lineup and how they progressed.

EXB is technically a V5.
And revisions tend to overlap. Where OC disappeared for a while and the Notorious replaced it for a while when it was released.
The 1st Noto., had no T2T brace and and the adjustable servo saver . V4 Kraton did have a T2T brace but a fixed SS..
It is hard to place a revision, if you consider the whole 6s lineup and how they progressed.
EXB is technically V4. There have only been 4 versions of the Outcast.

V1 had 3.5mm shock shafts.
V2 had 4mm shock shafts and shock cap protectors. Both V1 and V2 Outcast had the Arrma BLX 185 esc and Arrma 4274 2050 kv motor, Arrma ADS-15 servo and Tactic TTX300 radio.
V3 had the STX2 radio and T2T brace.
EXB is the current version of the Outcast with the Spektrum Firma 150 esc, Spektrum Firma 4074 2050kv motor, Spektrum servo and Spektrum DX3 radio.

But when shopping for parts you need to search for V5 as those are the parts that are compatible.

And the Notorious is even more complicated because it came out between the V3 and v4 models.

Last edited:
EXB is technically V4. There have only been 4 versions of the Outcast.
I always felt since the first released EXB rigs came with the V5 arms, that all EXB's (OC/Kraton/) are technically V5's.:unsure: And the new rear towers were also EXB's and found on all the RTR V5's.
V5's included many EXB changes.

I always felt since the first released EXB rigs came with the V5 arms, that all EXB's (OC/Kraton/) are technically V5's.:unsure: And the new rear towers were also EXB's and found on all the RTR V5's.
V5's included many EXB changes.

Yeah at this point in time the version numbers shouldn't be used anymore it should just go by production date like real cars.

+1
That's why I stated above that as these 6s rigs matured, revisions kind of overlapped greatly. Hard to pin point which rig is which revision.
They are parts binned modular rigs as they matured. I even noticed some rigs came revised mid production runs. Some parts.
The chassis' number sticker is the best way to tell what you actually got. The prod date/month and model # is there.

Last edited:
+1
That's why I stated above that as these 6s rigs matured, revisions kind of overlapped greatly. Hard to pin point which rig is which revision.
They are parts binned modular rigs as they matured. I even noticed some rigs came revised mid production runs. Some parts.
The chassis' number sticker is the best way to tell what you actually got. The prod date/month and model # is there.
Yup like the Kraton EXB my manual shows the wing mount is held to the shock tower via 2 m3x20 button head screws but it came with socket heads and the manual mentions taping over the holes in the wheels and venting the tires if you run in wet conditions but my wheels don't have any holes in them and the tires are already vented.

FWIW, got a reply from Arrma Product Support and this was their reply:

ARA106042 V1 05/2019

ARA106060 V2 07/21

ARA8710 V3 Current Since 06/2021

Does your OC still have the chassis sticker ser. # legible and intact?
The model number and prod month date is there to narrow it down even further.

Does your OC still have the chassis sticker ser. # legible and intact?
The model number and prod month date is there to narrow it down even further.
Yup. 20210818. Wow! Over a year old before I purchased it NIB. Pretty cool to know my truck’s birthdate. :love:

I have a V1 Outcast, what parts do I need to install a V3+ center brace/rod?

I have a V1 Outcast, what parts do I need to install a V3+ center brace/rod?
If you give me a bit I have a list of the parts needed and a detailed how to to install it somewhere on here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back