Outcast vs Granite 4 blx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmadillo

Too Fast Too Tough For Roadkill
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 4s
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
Ok, Here I go once again which one. First of all I have never seen any of the Arrmas in person. First go round was Kraton vs Outcast/Notorious, Kraton won out because I think its more versatile after flip flopping a million times. Everyone should own at least one.

But I love MTs so was going to get the Granite (which I love) and save the 2 bills over the Outcast. I know the Granite is 10 scale compared to the OC and looks like a dwarf compared side by side. Then I was thinking about shock upgrades or anything else I would have to sink into the Granite to make it better/stronger/tougher. Granite is also on backorder

So this brings me to the question of which would be most cost effective in the long run. I know the OC has way better parts all around, 6s power, better drivetrain etc.

Probably comparing apples to grapes. So I need some input from you seasoned vets here. Which would you get? Remember I'll be getting the Kraton also.

My LHS will cut a deal of $499. each on the V4 Kraton and V3 OC and with tax $1089.
But offered $1000. on Ebay and seller will accept.

BTW having a blast on here!
Who needs Fakebook

Last edited:
Ok, Here I go once again which one. First of all I have never seen any of the Arrmas in person. First go round was Kraton vs Outcast/Notorious, Kraton won out because I think its more versatile after flip flopping a million times. Everyone should own a least one.

But I love MTs so was going to get the Granite (which I love) and save the 2 bills over the Outcast. I know the Granite is 10 scale compared to the OC and looks like a dwarf compared side by side. Then I was thinking about shock upgrades or anything else I would have to sink into the Granite to make it better/stronger/tougher. Granite is also on backorder

So this brings me to the question of which would be most cost effective in the long run. I know the OC has way better parts all around, 6s power, better drivetrain etc.

Probably comparing apples to grapes. So I need some input from you seasoned vets here. Which would you get? Remember I'll be getting the Kraton also.

My LHS will cut a deal of $499. each on the V4 Kraton and V4 OC and with tax $1089.
But offered $1000. on Ebay and seller will accept.

BTW having a blast on here!
Who needs Fakebook
Me having a granite great truck but after seeing new rigs and there new upgrades I get the 2 6s trucks plus like all you said on upgrades on granite you gonna need to make it better you looming at price of outcast ..... but also put this into thought having 2 6s trucks the parts are a lot more money then the granite

If your minds already made up on the Kraton, I'd say get the Outcast to complement it simply because 97% of the parts between the 2 are interchangeable
Thanks Mr Duke that's a very good point.

Last edited:
If you have space to run them and batteries you may as well go 6s. For the Granite you are looking at an additional $145 for bell crank, pillow balls and cvds (when they come out).

Personally, I would get the kraton and stop there. Then if you want something "flickable" later after driving it, then wait for the 4S trucks to come out as they will likely be tougher than the current 3S line, but still not be as big and bulky as the outcast/kraton are.

I honestly enjoy my 3S stampede 4x4 just as much as my Outcast. They both basically do the same thing, just the stampede doesn't land as hard. lol! Also, the larger one gets around better in taller grass. But both are a total grin fest to run at a skate park.

If you have space to run them and batteries you may as well go 6s. For the Granite you are looking at an additional $145 for bell crank, pillow balls and cvds (when they come out).
I know the Granite would need upgrades but didn't know what or how much it would cost. From the parts you listed as well upgrading shocks that makes the 2 trucks fairly even in price. I do not have batteries yet but the 2 6s trucks could use the same packs. As far as space to run them I guess I will have to work on that.

The more I think about it 6s would make more sense.

I know the Granite would need upgrades but didn't know what or how much it would cost. From the parts you listed as well upgrading shocks that makes the 2 trucks fairly even in price. I do not have batteries yet but the 2 6s trucks could use the same packs. As far as space to run them I guess I will have to work on that.

The more I think about it 6s would make more sense.
Completely forgot about the shocks. Add $135 to that by then time you get them from Jenny’s and get the fittings needed to fit them.

The shocks and fittings will be aprx $80. Sorry for the miscalculation. Still 6s seems like the way to go. I have both the 3s Typhon and Granite, they are fun to drive. The Granite wheelie bar will cost you $6 for the “wheelie bar spring” if you don’t land perfect off of jumps. They are easy to break.

Personally, I would get the kraton and stop there. Then if you want something "flickable" later after driving it, then wait for the 4S trucks to come out as they will likely be tougher than the current 3S line, but still not be as big and bulky as the outcast/kraton are.

I honestly enjoy my 3S stampede 4x4 just as much as my Outcast. They both basically do the same thing, just the stampede doesn't land as hard. lol! Also, the larger one gets around better in taller grass. But both are a total grin fest to run at a skate park.
That's a really good point on getting the Kraton and waiting on the 4s line. I have thought about this before but man the wait has been killing me for all these models to drop. Thats the exact reason I wanted the Granite, smaller 10 scale, flickable, and can run it around the house.

Like I said before I haven't seen any of these trucks in person so was wondering if the Outcast is too large to run around the home. Thanks on your opinion really appreciate it. Arrma D

Anyone else agrees with get the Kraton and wait on the 4s line. Or just say screw it and rock the Outcast.

That's a really good point on getting the Kraton and waiting on the 4s line. I have thought about this before but man the wait has been killing me for all these models to drop. Thats the exact reason I wanted the Granite, smaller 10 scale, flickable, and can run it around the house.

Like I said before I haven't seen any of these trucks in person so was wondering if the Outcast is too large to run around the home. Thanks on your opinion really appreciate it. Arrma D
You’re going to drive yourself insane trying to decide,lol....no matter what you decide you’ll wonder if you should have bought the other truck...you’ll love whatever truck you decide on buying

Seen a YouTube video this morning with Jay Tee running the new V3 Outcast in a parking lot. I never heard a stock 6s Outcast make the awesome sound this truck made. It whined its butt off spooling up like a race car, sounded so sweet.

Someone in the comments posted it sounded like one of the small white fighters from Star Wars. After I read that went back to view again and he was spot on. These trucks are bada**.

Last edited:
6s for sure. Any way you go will be a blast. Having room to run 6s is important for the long term. ???

Dude, what? Granite does not have pillow balls, does not need a bellcrank, and very few people are breaking u-joints. Shocks, yes. $80 for typhon shocks, or $20 for the HSP shocks.

Anyone else agrees with get the Kraton and wait on the 4s line. Or just say screw it and rock the Outcast.
I got the Notorious last Nov. but will be getting a 4s when they drop, so I say both the Kraton or the Outcast and a 4s. Or all 3 and save yourself the headache of trying to decide.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back