Outcast vs Granite 4 blx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, what? Granite does not have pillow balls, does not need a bellcrank, and very few people are breaking u-joints. Shocks, yes. $80 for typhon shocks, or $20 for the HSP shocks.
have also not heard of issues with the bellcrank on these and am curious where these pillow balls are that needing upgraded. also haven't really seen to much of driveshafts needing replaces, bearings maybe. or perhaps you were meaning the drive pinion? i will agree with shocks because of prone to leaking, but around 75% of the time people swap shocks anyways.

The only bellcrank issue is they come with plastic bushings that wear quick, and the pivots can bind. When I started getting slop and hard to center steering, I swapped in bearings, tweaked the pivots a bit, and now my steering is smooth and slop free.

Thanks guy for all the input. Seems opions are split between the Outcast and waiting on the 4s line. One good opinion of all 3.

Deep down I always thought the wise move would be V4 Kraton and 4s MT even if there would be one at all. But I've become impatient waiting nearly 3 months on the V4 Kraton to drop just on rumers. So wanted to pull the trigger on the V3.

It was always about the Kraton and Outcast. And now with the debut of the rumored new 6s line, the new Kraton looks amazing and so does the Outcast with all the awesome upgrades. How can anyone resist all the new features on the new V3 Outcast.

So my decision is to get them both and wait to see what's to become of the 4s line. My only disappointment is that I may never get to own the amazing Granite 4x4 blx.

Thanks guy for all the input. Seems opions are split between the Outcast and waiting on the 4s line. One good opinion of all 3.

Deep down I always thought the wise move would be V4 Kraton and 4s MT even if there would be one at all. But I've become impatient waiting nearly 3 months on the V4 Kraton to drop just on rumers. So wanted to pull the trigger on the V3.

It was always about the Kraton and Outcast. And now with the debut of the rumored new 6s line, the new Kraton looks amazing and so does the Outcast with all the awesome upgrades. How can anyone resist all the new features on the new V3 Outcast.

So my decision is to get them both and wait to see what's to become of the 4s line. My only disappointment is that I may never get to own the amazing Granite 4x4 blx.
Why wouldn't you be able to get the Granite? Get the Krat and OC and if they don't drop a 4s, or if they drag their a**es about it, then get the Granite. Or what I would do if you are set on only 2 for now is get the Krat and wait for the 4s since one of the rumors is a 4s Outcast. Since I already got a Notorious I'm waiting to see if the other rumor is true, a 4s Kraton. PLEASE RC Gods let there be a 10 scale Kraton!!!

I went with the Notorious. And waiting the release of the 1/10 Outcast to pair it with. 4s or not it will be just a blast. If you do go granite, I’d suggest blx or bust, feel like the standard 4x4 was a waste for the kid, my only Arrma regret.

Why wouldn't you be able to get the Granite? Get the Krat and OC and if they don't drop a 4s, or if they drag their a**es about it, then get the Granite. Or what I would do if you are set on only 2 for now is get the Krat and wait for the 4s since one of the rumors is a 4s Outcast. Since I already got a Notorious I'm waiting to see if the other rumor is true, a 4s Kraton. PLEASE RC Gods let there be a 10 scale Kraton!!!

You think you’d go 1/10 kraton instead of a 1/10 Outcast? Just curious, love my Notorious too much to not consider it’s smaller twin. Had been hearing more about the Kraton though lately.

You think you’d go 1/10 kraton instead of a 1/10 Outcast? Just curious, love my Notorious too much to not consider it’s smaller twin. Had been hearing more about the Kraton though lately.
I have a 1/8 Noto so, if they come out with them, I'm looking to get a 1/10 Kraton first. After that we'll see where the addiction takes me.

Got tired of waiting on the rumored 4s to drop, if ever. So got the Kraton and Outcast, but where in the hell is the Granite 4 blx. It's not discontinued, it's only been around 6 or so months. It's on backorder at Tower, and waiting on in stock notification to come.

If the Granite drops before the 4s stuff I'm going for it. Need a 1:10 MT to terrorize the block. I now have this Arrma addiction and need another fix.

Got tired of waiting on the rumored 4s to drop, if ever. So got the Kraton and Outcast, but where in the hell is the Granite 4 blx. It's not discontinued, it's only been around 6 or so months. It's on backorder at Tower, and waiting on in stock notification to come.

If the Granite drops before the 4s stuff I'm going for it. Need a 1:10 MT to terrorize the block. I now have this Arrma addiction and need another fix.
it's been extremely popular due to the low price vs performance.
I have have a granite 4x4 blx, outcast and now just bought a kraton.
the granite is awesome, change to a Race buggy shock setup(cheap on ebay, just compare lengths) and maybe a fan to cool the motor and its tough as hell, i believe tougher than the 1/8s - the wheelie bar is the weak spot, but i've smashing my granite heaps and it just keeps taking it, all i've replaced is the wheelie bar a couple times. im using kyosho tki3 shocks... so so so good...

i have been using a graphene 2.0 5500 80c 3s lipo and its been so damn good, its just silly fast..

Only thing i don't like is the shimming in front axles when new and the motors on these cog more than the 1/8th motors.

it's been extremely popular due to the low price vs performance.
I have have a granite 4x4 blx, outcast and now just bought a kraton.
the granite is awesome, change to a Race buggy shock setup(cheap on ebay, just compare lengths) and maybe a fan to cool the motor and its tough as hell, i believe tougher than the 1/8s - the wheelie bar is the weak spot, but i've smashing my granite heaps and it just keeps taking it, all i've replaced is the wheelie bar a couple times. im using kyosho tki3 shocks... so so so good...

i have been using a graphene 2.0 5500 80c 3s lipo and its been so damn good, its just silly fast..

Only thing i don't like is the shimming in front axles when new and the motors on these cog more than the 1/8th motors.
Yeah I know its an awesome truck. Seen some vids of people pounding it. I want one no matter what's up with the 4s stuff. I think tbone makes a wheelie bar for it, if all the stock one does is break. Tower now says early May so maby 3 weeks or so.
When i get one we will be tied.

Yeah I know its an awesome truck. Seen some vids of people pounding it. I want one no matter what's up with the 4s stuff. I think tbone makes a wheelie bar for it, if all the stock one does is break. Tower now says early May so maby 3 weeks or so.
When i get one we will be tied.

if you really want some, there is some available in NZ i think

if you really want some, there is some available in NZ i think
Nahh, I'm not that desperate. I'm in the US, don't buy anything out of the Country. Would cost me so much more that I could buy a new Kraton.

Seen the Granite, BRCC, and Notorious on the Arrma website yesterday. Waiting on them to show up in stores then pulling the trigger.

The 4S? Where? Not seeing anything new on there at the moment.
No 4s, Granite 4 blx and BRCC 3s back. And 6s Notorious back. All listed on site as New. Don't know when they will be available for sale, but someone on here just got the BRCC already.

Who knows when the 4S trucks will drop. Maby next week maby months away. Been waiting awhile on these 10 scales to come back since they dried up.

Not waiting on the 4s., Granite is a cool, fun and fast little MT, adding it to my Arrma family.

Who knows when the 4S trucks will drop. Maby next week maby months away. Been waiting awhile on these 10 scales to come back since they dried up.

Not waiting on the 4s., Granite is a cool, fun and fast little MT, adding it to my Arrma family.
I would like to add the notorious to my family?

I would like to add the notorious to my family?
Go for it Man if you can swing it. I wanted the Notorious but the Outcast dropped first. Can turn it into a Notorious over night with a new body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back