Kraton Outcast vs Kraton vs Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaLegba

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,
My son and I have a Sledge, which we bash around, do jumps off our ramp and race against our hopped up Rustler 4x4.
I want to get another 6S vehicle, am ready to go ARRMA and am comparing these three models.
I love the tricks that the Outcast is capable of, but can do some pretty good flips with the Sledge.
The Kraton and the Sledge are pretty damn similar, obviously. No doubt Traxxas benchmarked it pretty hard. But that’s kind of cool because my son and I can match up, and I don’t have plans to change out the electronics in the Sledge but I would go with the EXB and probably go with a HW max 6 combo of some type.
The Talion just looks so fast and is obviously more of a race truck than the Sledge, plus with some bigger tires it looks like it can hold its own in the air.
Anyway, I am eager for any advice y’all can offer. I will say I hate that the Talion doesn’t come as a roller and that the Outcast is discontinued. I have seen some roller/slider outcasts for sale, and would go that route probably. I want to build the truck with my Son so that leads me back to the Kraton.
Anyway, penny for your thoughts?

I was in the same boat a few weeks back. I went with the Kraton as it seemed to :

- flip / roll less often
- more forgiving on jumps and rougher terrain
- likely handle snow better

A few YouTube videos demonstrated these points for me. Ie.

Just search Kraton vs Talion

I also go the EXB as I never want to have to wait on parts.

edit :

Here are the two running A vs B.

Less informative side by side comparison.

Last edited:
I love the tricks that the Outcast is capable of, but can do some pretty good flips with the Sledge
My Notorious (basically the same) can do double backflips with ease, even with small jumps. When I geared up a bit, it was even quite stable in a straight line on the ground. It would offer you more variety, if that is what you're looking for

I'd pick the Talion all day, but it does suck there is no roller. You can list the motor/esc here in the classifieds section and get 120$ or so for em which is a nice chunk of change towards what you want and effectively lowers the price by said amount.

As someone who has both a Kraton EXB and Talion EXB both trucks are very similar, Especially since I use backflip 6s tires as much as possible. The talion always flew better to me though which is interesting because you'd think the kraton would win in that category.

Talion looks cooler too but the price of the Kexb makes it a very attractive option but by the time you get a radio/servo you will be close to Talion with sold stock electronic price.

I have an OC and a Talion. They are completely different to the point it really surprised me. The Outcast is fun if you feel like trying to backflip it off the smallest bumps you can find, or skateparks but I think I prefer the Talion tbh. The fun comes from how well it handles. Plus it FLIES*

*a little too well. I bought it not to send it, but took it to the skatepark and the air it gets over an OC is hilarious. Slight downside, I put one of the worst bends in the chassis I have seen and that was from landing perfectly on all fours. Time for an m2c for that one too :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies. I think I will focus into the Talion or a good deal on an Outcast/Notorious as I like the differences between each of those and what we already have (Sledge). The Talion is just such a good looking truck. So sleek and I like the idea of pulling the electronics and selling them.
I already have some backflips that we use on the sledge. Great tires.

I have an OC and a Talion. They are completely different to the point it really surprised me. The Outcast is fun if you feel like trying to backflip it off the smallest bumps you can find, or skateparks but I think I prefer the Talion tbh. The fun comes from how well it handles. Plus it FLIES*

*a little too well. I bought it not to send it, but took it to the skatepark and the air it gets over an OC is hilarious. Slight downside, I put one of the worst bends in the chassis I have seen and that was from landing perfectly on all fours. Time for an m2c for that one too :rolleyes:
I must be lucky with my exb chassis :ROFLMAO:

I have a Kraton 6s v5 and a Talion 6s EXB. I don't know if I have a favorite. But to me the Talion is way more stable. I added an MMX 8s/1717-1650kv combo to the Talion.. Whole different animal 👹

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back