Outcast Outcast vs LST 3XL-E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 13388 Well if I had known you had a DBXLE then the comparison would have even been easier. I think I posted this somewhere but here goes again. The 3XLE is everything the DBXLE is not and that is a good thing. It's not a heavy tank, it does not handle like a big heavy tank, it jumps with ease and lands unlike a heavy tank. I have way too many RC's so run time on each is not as much as I'd like and it's only getting worse as I have several something special(s) incoming this week and next. What I don't know about the 3XLE is how durable it will be, specifically the diff. Only time will tell.

Q on the Xmaxx as it's just about the only kit I have yet to pick up. For some reason I have in my head that it's an over priced, under powered POS. Would like to hear your opinion, especially since you have first hand with the DBXLE.

The X-Maxx 8S, in my opinion, is the best large scale electric around. It does benefit from a better ESC than stock. However, the stock one is decent. I beat on an X-Maxx all summer and it was lots of fun. The suspension is nice. However, I enjoyed the Tekno MT410 more. It’s more agile and makes it more exciting in my opinion. The new LOSI 1/8th looks real fun. It looks like a great size truck. And the shocks have to be awesome on them. Some of the large scales are just too big and heavy. The X-Maxx sits at the limit for me. It’s big but it’s still not that heavy and has massive suspension. It doesn’t turn very well. The Losi 1/8 looks like it will be more fun.

Last edited:
I just skip the deal on the outcast since is only 100 cheaper compare to new , and I'm checking out that used Losi xxl2 this coming weekend.
I couldn't find much video on YouTube on the Losi, I mean not close to arrma and traxxas , arrma just flooded YouTube

The 3XLE is everything the DBXLE is not and that is a good thing

It certainly looks like they've changed a ton from the xxl2e and I agree - it's a very good thing!! I love that the they went to 17mm wheels instead of those odd 23mm ones. Love that they actually have the spur gear within the confines of the chassis. The new tread patterns looks pretty damn good. I wonder if they've come up with a fix for the wheelie bar holes ripping out yet. Weight seems to be about the same as does group clearance. I am also reallllly curious as to why they put a giant hole in the middle/rear of the chassis. Seems like a major dirt collection area. Overall, I'm surprised to hear that it handles so much better. Ground clearance is pretty much the same. Did they really lower the COG that much to make it handle that much better?

Also curious to how it jumps. My XL2E loved to nose dive.

plenty of videos now on youtube .i still love the looks of this thing .not a fan of that hole in the chassis by the lipos but i could live with it . lends to someone making a aftermarket cover for that area .even a printed one .

the wheelie bar seems to be a issue ,especially if you jump it alot .a few have broken parts right out the gate but to be expected i guess when your jumping the thing .

horizon just offered a 40 dollar off code on this.

It certainly looks like they've changed a ton from the xxl2e and I agree - it's a very good thing!! I love that the they went to 17mm wheels instead of those odd 23mm ones. Love that they actually have the spur gear within the confines of the chassis. The new tread patterns looks pretty damn good. I wonder if they've come up with a fix for the wheelie bar holes ripping out yet. Weight seems to be about the same as does group clearance. I am also reallllly curious as to why they put a giant hole in the middle/rear of the chassis. Seems like a major dirt collection area. Overall, I'm surprised to hear that it handles so much better. Ground clearance is pretty much the same. Did they really lower the COG that much to make it handle that much better?

Also curious to how it jumps. My XL2E loved to nose dive.

So you were saying the xxl2 does not handle well ? I had both emaxx and a erevo , and the emaxx is no where close to the erevo, how's the xxl2 compare to a erevo ?

My first run with the 3xl e it jumps and lands really nice. Broke front and rear bumpers so waiting on T-Bone coming out with something

Great vid!

That first attempt...

sJb5h5i.jpg

So you were saying the xxl2 does not handle well ? I had both emaxx and a erevo , and the emaxx is no where close to the erevo, how's the xxl2 compare to a erevo ?
It's not really even fair to compare the two. They are just so different. The Revo handles more along the lines of a race car. Sharp and firmly planted corners. The 2xle handles like a plush and heavy pick up. You can absolutely rip over rough stuff and tall grass but you have to slow it down before you even think about turning. Braking takes a but longer on the 2xle than the revo. Just very very different cars.

I'm running 6s, overlander 5300mah 65c. The 3xl has really surprised me, I've had it nearly 2 months without putting a battery in it as I was going to sell it but changed my mind after using it, jumps so good and servo is also good. Down falls at the moment are no T-Bone bumpers for it yet and price of a new shell is double the price of others

I've had a losi Lst2 for years, i converted it to brushless years ago and it has been a solid truck. Really have broken almost nothing on it. I don't really drive it anymore as bodys are hard to find. I will say though honestly for the price they want for that truck and the price you can get the outcast with coupon from tower, its really a no brainer. Yes the outcast has some flaws, but my son and I have been having a blast with it and its way cheaper than the losi. Also not being able to run a single 6S pack is a deal breaker for me.

Hmm, I see they won't allow coupons for the outcast anymore at Tower, still 200 dollar difference between the trucks and I don't think I could possibly break 200 dollars worth of parts on the outcast.

The losi is a really nice looking truck though.
You can run a 6s pack in it I've got a lst 3xle and that's how i power it

You can run a 6s pack in it I've got a lst 3xle and that's how i power it
I don't have one of these but I've looked at them and they look really nice and debated getting one but I'm curious as to how you run a single 6s pack in there? It looks to me like you need to run two 3s packs and that there isn't room for a 6s pack.

I don't have one of these but I've looked at them and they look really nice and debated getting one but I'm curious as to how you run a single 6s pack in there? It looks to me like you need to run two 3s packs and that there isn't room for a 6s pack.

U just have to use a loop plug on one side of the batt. Trays and use a velcro strap to hold the 6s in the other side. I actually put 2" velcro on the bottom of the tray n batt also and my strap came off one day n it still held in there tight.

U just have to use a loop plug on one side of the batt. Trays and use a velcro strap to hold the 6s in the other side. I actually put 2" velcro on the bottom of the tray n batt also and my strap came off one day n it still held in there tight.
I'm not talking about the wiring of it, that I get. I'm wondering how you physically get a single 6s brick to fit in the battery compartment.

I've got both and the 3xle is a better handling smoother truck, The kraton is more powerful and a lil better basher imo, they both are great trucks just in diffrent areas and there both pretty tough to break

I find it interesting, any time someone sais the Kraton is tough...I've been extremely disappointed with its durability. I love it's handeling but it breaks almost every time I drive it. I've put hundreds into my Kraton. At this point the only parts that continue to break are the few stock Arrma parts. If I had to do it all over again, I'd go Losi all the way. Just my 2 cents.

I find it interesting, any time someone sais the Kraton is tough...I've been extremely disappointed with its durability. I love it's handeling but it breaks almost every time I drive it. I've put hundreds into my Kraton. At this point the only parts that continue to break are the few stock Arrma parts. If I had to do it all over again, I'd go Losi all the way. Just my 2 cents.

Wow that's funny we seem to have the opposite problems. Everytime i take the 3xle out it breaks for me lol. The bumper n wheelie bar break in most crashes on mine n the stock diffs both blew first run out... Ive since shimmed it n it's made a few runs with no problem but from the factory it didnt even have shims on the spiders!! But yet when u but a diff kit it has them in it. Also the tires rub the body in the air and the 2200kv motor lacks the power and tourqe id like to have. But man it's smooth and jumps realy nice with those huge shocks!! Ive launched it and over jumped the same 60ft double i built, and the kraton will take it but it slaps hard the 3xle lands like its got pillows for tires, what parts are you having problems with breaking on the kraton? Maybe i can helpi had a few problems that ive made fixes for on mine n have since been bullet proof

Everything broke on my Kraton, it's all good though I've since rebuilt it. You can check out my videos on YouTube, search src paradise, Kraton phase 1 rebuild.☺The Kraton has great handling, but is no where near as durable as my Team Redcat BE6S. I'm hoping with all my upgrades it will be solid now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back