Outcast Outcast vs Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
thinking of converting my Senton into a "jr Outcast"

I have lockups on it now but I'm thinking about throwing on badlands to give it some height for some jumps / air.

Can someone tell me which badlands to get? The MX ? 3.8 or 2.8 will fit the17mm hex? Just not sure. I'm assuming the 3.8s will be too big but I like the idea from looking at this new outcast.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 77
thinking of converting my Senton into a "jr Outcast"

I have lockups on it now but I'm thinking about throwing on badlands to give it some height for some jumps / air.

Can someone tell me which badlands to get? The MX ? 3.8 or 2.8 will fit the17mm hex? Just not sure. I'm assuming the 3.8s will be too big but I like the idea from looking at this new outcast.

if I remember correctly. ..they also used talion arms...and krayton knuckles and hubs ..I'm guessing to push the wider wheels out far enough to clear suspension....

it sounds like it would work...one way to find out...wouldn't cost much with ebay deals....I say do it...

Any idea how big you can go with wheels and tires on the stock Senton suspension? I'm really digging the Outcast but I have a BNIB Senton that I'd have to sell before I can pick one up. If I can make the Senton a little more Outcast-ish I might be happy to keep it.

yeah...that I am not sure about...I don't have a senton...but I just placed an order on the outcast...I was in the same delima...I wanted a senton for my son..but then felt that over grass etc either I would install larger tires on the senton to float it over the grass or get something different...then the outcast was released...seemed to fit our bashing environment a bit better...but I am still very interested in the senton and I will get one cause its tough as nails...and I like short course trucks...and the senton I think would be a good racer for the track...

if you do end up selling...be sure to post it on the classifieds here...I may put in my bid...

Julian I too have been considering both Badlands styles, possibly 3.8 regulars. MX looks cool, but probably stand wider and change handling/turning a bit, more like a Trencher I'd think. 2.8 size may not clear knuckles on inside of rim. I recently bought 2.8 proline f11 wheels with 17mm hex 1/2" offset and put jconcept Glocs on them and they have totally exceeded my expectations on my high-powered Backslash, can't run them enough, perfect slip and grip. The bummer is I'd planned to slap them on the Typhon for street jamming/controlled drifting/cleaning the gutters if you will...but they rub knuckles, need 1/8 scale inner wheel diameter for proper fitment. Think 3.8 size fits. I've seen 2.8 Badlands stretched onto f11 3.8 size, looked tight. Unsure about Senton vs Typhon for clearance, could check manual to compare part #'s. I may build my own combo to avoid ballooning too much.

Julian I too have been considering both Badlands styles, possibly 3.8 regulars. MX looks cool, but probably stand wider and change handling/turning a bit, more like a Trencher I'd think. 2.8 size may not clear knuckles on inside of rim. I recently bought 2.8 proline f11 wheels with 17mm hex 1/2" offset and put jconcept Glocs on them and they have totally exceeded my expectations on my high-powered Backslash, can't run them enough, perfect slip and grip. The bummer is I'd planned to slap them on the Typhon for street jamming/controlled drifting/cleaning the gutters if you will...but they rub knuckles, need 1/8 scale inner wheel diameter for proper fitment. Think 3.8 size fits. I've seen 2.8 Badlands stretched onto f11 3.8 size, looked tight. Unsure about Senton vs Typhon for clearance, could check manual to compare part #'s. I may build my own combo to avoid ballooning too much.

No trouble at all - had to cut the shell a bit but she plants and goes goes...... Not changing these at all will run my 5000Mah Graphene 90c 4S brick .....

Attachments

• IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 101
No trouble at all - had to cut the shell a bit but she plants and goes goes...... Not changing these at all will run my 5000Mah Graphene 90c 4S brick .....
Those look sick! Are they 2.8 or 3.8? I'm getting tired and can't tell. My guess is 3.8 cuz I don't think 2.8 comes with 17 hex if they're premounts. I wouldn't mind trying them, just worried about ballooning as I only run 6s. Also, considering getting an Outcast, saw one in the flesh today at LHS and looked pretty bad ass. Would probably keep Typhon as is if I get one, seeing great reviews with the Outcast thus far, wife will probably flip, whatever....

3.8 Badlands - had to use the fazon extra posts in the back and cut the shell but I TRULY feel like I have a whole new truck. It drives TOTALLY different and I just woke up and am taking it out... can't wait

3.8 Badlands - had to use the fazon extra posts in the back and cut the shell but I TRULY feel like I have a whole new truck. It drives TOTALLY different and I just woke up and am taking it out... can't wait
Awesome. Let me know how you like them vs the Lockups and if they balloon too much on full power.

Being careful to run it strictly on my 5000MAH 90c Graphene 4S Brick - not gonna blow these....I JUST blew one of the lockups running my 6S brick...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back