Outcast outcast wing mount removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnym311

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
hey guys, I am going to remove my wing mount by cutting the arms off right behind the rear bulkhead is my plan so far. anyone done this / thoughts on this? I know that is kinda crude, but that way I don't have to mess with were it connects to the chassis brace. ideas would be appreciated!!!!!

hey guys, I am going to remove my wing mount by cutting the arms off right behind the rear bulkhead is my plan so far. anyone done this / thoughts on this? I know that is kinda crude, but that way I don't have to mess with were it connects to the chassis brace. ideas would be appreciated!!!!!
should have noted maybe, that I want to go wingless, lol.

I broke 3 wing mounts and then finally bought a TBR wing mount and a TBR wheelie bar and removed my wing. Nothing has broke since, no matter how hard I beat on her. But I don't think it would be a problem if you cut the wing mount right after the bulkhead.

yeah, I bought the tbr wheelie bar also. does it work better than the stock one? I would rather not stand the car straight up, and the lower mount of the tbr seems to make more sense.

Kraton body on my cast
20180405_175002.jpg

Attachments

• 20180405_175112.jpg
    20180405_175112.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 45
yeah, I bought the tbr wheelie bar also. does it work better than the stock one? I would rather not stand the car straight up, and the lower mount of the tbr seems to make more sense.

It's way better than the stock one. I actually left my stock wheelie bar on with it.

Attachments

• 20180329_135345.jpg
    20180329_135345.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 82
right on, I still might do that also, but I have a traxxas lwb emaxx body that fits, that I want to put on it a some point, and its either cut off the back to go around the stock wing mount or cut off the wing mount and have a pretty clean lookin body. thank you for the input sir, I appreciate it!!

Here is my v2 kraton with the 3.8 mashers and my outcast with the 3.8 trenchers both with out the wings I like the look better.
20180327_051657.jpg
20180327_051711.jpg
20180312_152236.jpg

Ok what I did was with the wing on I marked them at the inside edge of the shock towers. Then took the wing off used my Rockwell to cut them off works great no no need to keep buying diff cases cause that 1 plastic piece breaks. And of course you can' get it on its own you have to get a hole new diff case .

Ok what I did was with the wing on I marked them at the inside edge of the shock towers. Then took the wing off used my Rockwell to cut them off works great no no need to keep buying diff cases cause that 1 plastic piece breaks. And of course you can' get it on its own you have to get a hole new diff case .

I think GKA In Canada makes an aluminum piece you can buy separately. It's like $25-$30.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back