Kraton Outfeed drive / driveshafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu3mar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi Guys

4th bash session today and the second time I've had to call it as my front drive shaft has popped out and jammed on the lower arm . I changed the outfeed drive last time as it was damaged and I'll do the same again .

Any mods or tricks to keep it in there though ? I've set my droop screws etc and I've got standard arms on there , it just seems like a weakness. If I uprated the arms to RPM etc would that solve it . It happens after a fairly big hit so there must be flex somewhere

Thanks guys

Remove all the Castor spacers on those Pillow balls attached at the Front upper and lower arms(plastic shims and the metal washers) if you haven't done so already. Then check and adjust your steering tie rods for correct toe and re-establish correct endpoint adjustments at the TX. Good that you focused on the Droop. Most overlook that also. (y):cool:

Hi .

Thanks for that , do most run toe in or out ? In my mind toe out so it pulls right under power ?

I've not set the TX endpoints before , is that done so the steering doesn't travel as far , I've put a 35kg servo in and I was using the radio trim to shorten the steering

Thanks again

Stu

I like Zero-1 degree toe out. For dirt and loose stuff. More toe gives more steering up to a point, then it goes against you. IMO. Negative toe is bad, because it becomes very Darty and steering is more unpredictable. 35KG servo.(y)(y) perfect. I run only 35kg ,no less. Radio trim for left right end points ...yes. Or the servo is working overtime and stalls too much and will just wear it out prematurely. Go extreme when setting the EPA listen for the buzz(servo stressing), then back off till the servo is quiet and steering rack is not binded in any way. Sometimes one side has less or more than the other side. Normal. because these are not built perfect, and bashing tends to tweak also. Normal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back