Vorteks Over Heating because of battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brand new packs won’t give you the max runtime. You need to break them in. After 10 or so runs they will last longer.
I always felt lipos run at their best after only 2 cycles, if that. Just need to warm cycle them maybe twice. And I think their performance doesn't really get much better after that. Either you got a good matched batch of Lipo cells out the box, or not. Just me.:) Cells being well balanced, is more important to run time after that.
Unlike old school Nims and Nicads from the last Century that needed much cycling for max cap. Way diff chemistry. Almost doubling its capacity potential at times. Due to inherent charge memory.:LOL:
There is Zero memory effect with Lipo cells. In theory they should perform the same after the first charge cycle. Which burns off the "Mfr'ing "Paste" upon its first cycle discharge.

Edit:
My research showed that the HW card only works for programming with the older Legacy Arrma branded BLX ESC's.
The Firma ESC's require the Firma Programmer. For Parameter settings as well as F/W updtaes IF any available.
I don't think that F/W support is ongoing however for the end user as of late, depending on which model Firma ESC.
Maybe at the Factory is exclusively where F/W tweaks occur. IDK.:unsure:
Some retail Firma's and other RTR HH brands (TLR) that use RTR Firma ESC's have different F/W. And parameter values. Despite same appearance and model Specs.
it will work on the ESC but it wont unlock the LVC setting.
^^^

Last edited:
Thanks, its awesome and a must when you jump at the skatepark, the stock one didn't last me long. I would 100% recommend.
I don't own a 4x4, just that if I did, I would have to have it up front right away. Stocker would ruin my day once it craps out.
Couldn't deal with that on a regular basis myself. Not at all.
It is a very costly upgrade, just that it is the only fix.(y)
The plastic flexible chassis is part of the problem. IMHO.
Why the the Stock Motor mount setup is designed as a structural part, which it appears, is beyond me.
Maybe it needs a good T2T brace, to help reduce chassis flex???:unsure:

Last edited:
I always felt lipos run at their best after only 2 cycles, if that. Just need to warm cycle them maybe twice. And I think their performance doesn't really get much better after that. Either you got a good matched batch of Lipo cells out the box, or not. Just me.:) Cells being well balanced, is more important to run time after that.
Unlike old school Nims and Nicads from the last Century that needed much cycling for max cap. Way diff chemistry. Almost doubling its capacity potential at times. Due to inherent charge memory.:LOL:
There is Zero memory effect with Lipo cells. In theory they should perform the same after the first charge cycle. Which burns off the "Mfr'ing "Paste" upon its first cycle discharge.

Edit:
My research showed that the HW card only works for programming with the older Legacy Arrma branded BLX ESC's.
The Firma ESC's require the Firma Programmer. For Parameter settings as well as F/W updtaes IF any available.
I don't think that F/W support is ongoing however for the end user as of late, depending on which model Firma ESC.
Maybe at the Factory is exclusively where F/W tweaks occur. IDK.:unsure:
Some retail Firma's and other RTR HH brands (TLR) that use RTR Firma ESC's have different F/W. And parameter values. Despite same appearance and model Specs.

^^^
My SMC SRD packs really started getting better after about 10 cycles. They were dogs up front and came alive later.

. In theory they should perform the same after the first charge cycle. Which burns off the "Mfr'ing "Paste" upon its first cycle discharge.
Actually, it is not "burning off" a paste layer, but rather it is building up a new layer inside the battery. This is a lithium layer that forms naturally between (I think) the Cathode and the electrolyte. Once this layer is formed, it can lower the IR of the cell, which lets the cell produce more amps. But this same chemical layer will develop cracks and can kill the pack if the voltage in the cell gets too low (below 3.0v).\

At least, that is what I read...

^^^ You got this !@#$ down. :love: Believe you.(y)
I just never saw any improved run time after a few cycles.
I thought cycle warming new Lithium polymer was done faster. Maybe it depends on the amp draw and application?? How hard you run the lipos? IDK.

Last edited:
I don't own a 4x4, just that if I did, I would have to have it up front right away. Stocker would ruin my day once it craps out.
Couldn't deal with that on a regular basis myself. Not at all.
It is a very costly upgrade, just that it is the only fix.(y)
The plastic flexible chassis is part of the problem. IMHO.
Why the the Stock Motor mount setup is designed as a structural part, which it appears, is beyond me.
Maybe it needs a good T2T brace, to help reduce chassis flex???:unsure:
I'm thinking about getting the brace, might do it see if it improves things. I keep braking my arms right now I think this rig had so much impact over its life time its falling apart :LOL: I wasn't very gentle with it when I was learning how to drive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back