Overheat issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh802

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
My nero only runs for about 10 min then cuts out goes unresponsive... Can i expect to only be able to run this for 10 min at a time? Does it with both pinion gears.

What surfaces are you running on? Pavement? Grass? What's the C-Rating of your packs? Are you running full throttle passes constantly? It might not be thermalling out, it might just be hitting the low voltage cutoff. It doesn't take much if you're driving it hard to pull the batteries down below LVC. Get yourself a couple cheap low voltage alarms and set them for 3.6v. They'll let you know when you're hitting your packs too hard and getting close to LVC. You'll be surprised how fast you can get there when you're driving it hard. The Nero is a big, heavy truck.

What surfaces are you running on? Pavement? Grass? What's the C-Rating of your packs? Are you running full throttle passes constantly? It might not be thermalling out, it might just be hitting the low voltage cutoff. It doesn't take much if you're driving it hard to pull the batteries down below LVC. Get yourself a couple cheap low voltage alarms and set them for 3.6v. They'll let you know when you're hitting your packs too hard and getting close to LVC. You'll be surprised how fast you can get there when you're driving it hard. The Nero is a big, heavy truck.
I drive it hard.. Mostly in sand pits. I run stock tires and ive run proline swampers. My batteries are smc 5200s. 90c constant. And 7200s

I drive it hard.. Mostly in sand pits. I run stock tires and ive run proline swampers. My batteries are smc 5200s. 90c constant. And 7200s
I run it on 6s

I run it on 6s

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F...tage+alarm&dpPl=1&dpID=51P7kcu36xL&ref=plSrch

Buy those. Set them for 3.8v to start and see how often and quickly your packs will dip below that threshold. They'll recover and you can run some more but they'll go back down soon enough. Or set them for 3.6v and see how soon one or both start to alarm before you experience the symptoms you're describing. I'm almost sure your packs are dipping and triggering the LVC. You can run a 2lb 1/10th scale for 30 or 45 minutes on a Lipo but these big heavy 6s rigs can only thrash for a little bit before the packs give up and need changed out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F...tage+alarm&dpPl=1&dpID=51P7kcu36xL&ref=plSrch

Buy those. Set them for 3.8v to start and see how often and quickly your packs will dip below that threshold. They'll recover and you can run some more but they'll go back down soon enough. Or set them for 3.6v and see how soon one or both start to alarm before you experience the symptoms you're describing. I'm almost sure your packs are dipping and triggering the LVC. You can run a 2lb 1/10th scale for 30 or 45 minutes on a Lipo but these big heavy 6s rigs can only thrash for a little bit before the packs give up and need changed out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back