Notorious Overheating issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the truck off a guy about a month ago, it's from horizon hobby but i don't have a receipt. It was barely used when i got it. Will they still warranty it?
Ehhhhh.....Not sure. They usually ask for the serial # and proof of purchase. Sorry man. It might still be worth asking them though. Wouldn't hurt.

I just ran my outcast in grass yesterday for 20 minutes straight. Tall grass. I have a hobbywing 50mm motor fan/heat sink and I was running hobbystar 6200mah 50C packs. I did have to change my pinion from 14 to a 13T as I was overheating the esc on my previous bash. I was surprised it didn't overheat yesterday as the grass at the place I was running was taller than I'd have liked.

I also run HRB 5000mah 3S 50C packs, but only get 15 minutes on average run time with a pair. The 6200mah Hobbystars get me closer to 19-20 minutes.
I'd check the cut off rate. Maybe it's set to high causing you to get shorter run times. I range from 3.2 to 3.4 cut off depending on the vehicle. Hope this helps you out.

I'd check the cut off rate. Maybe it's set to high causing you to get shorter run times. I range from 3.2 to 3.4 cut off depending on the vehicle. Hope this helps you out.
I have it set higher on purpose. I've had packs come off my trucks with cells at 3.1V while other cells were 3.6. Likely indicating I have a tired cell in a pack, but I'd rather have it cut out early vs dump and die badly causing a fire.

On my max6's, I actually went from whatever the medium setting was to the high setting. It was on the medium that I had the range from 3.1-3.6 between 2 3 cell packs that were in series.

Bust out your temp gun next time you run and I bet those Venom batteries will be hot. Everything I have heard about Venom batteries has been bad, I made the mistake of trying some of their Bias line of lipos what a joke those were(that was before I did some research), this happened after about 5-6 runs....

My Hobbywing Max8 and 2200kv motor on a 14t pinion get a bit toasty after about 20-30 min of running on a 70* day.

View attachment 37365
Lol. Remember that Kraton that hit me? One of the guys batteries started immediately puffing. I've kept it in my truck in a ammo crate since waiting to see how long or if it will explode. He asked if I could dispose of it and I figured to experiment for science, poops, and giggles...
16303651471018738807641142437739.jpg

It's a Venom too. Even he said they were crap. But I'm amazed it hasn't burst in all this time and especially with the heat lately. Been sitting in this crate since May.. damn. Had to look it up
Screenshot_20210830-192233_Facebook.jpg

Ehhhhh.....Not sure. They usually ask for the serial # and proof of purchase. Sorry man. It might still be worth asking them though. Wouldn't hurt.
HH will not budge.
I almost had a problem finding proof of purchase once.
They just cut me off and said call back when you locate the Receipt. I found it a week later and HH obliged no issue. They are a stickler about that. Once you are in their system and call subsequently to warranty the same rig again, your reciept is on record. Buying direct from HH assures they have you on record.
But I have never been asked for the Serial number. Even though I offered many times. FWIW.
The Serial number appears to be for internal use if that? IDK. Maybe to track QC???:unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back