Granite Overheating or battery running out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamjr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my first Arrma, a second hand Granite and am loving it! One thing is confusing me though, in the paper manual I got it states the ESC will flash RED if it overheats, but the online manual says it will flash GREEN on overheat? Can someone tell me which one is correct? Got some good runs out of the lipos I have but am wondering if it stopped due to overheating or low voltage cutoff as the esc was blinking red. Hope this makes sense!

It looks like that depends on the version of Granite (BLX?) that you have. The latest model shows that it's a green LED that will blink, but the previous model shows its a red LED that will blink. I opened them side by side and took a screen shot. I hope that helps.

Attachments

• LED.JPG
    LED.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 51
Wow, quick reply thanks :)
It is the brushless 4x4 I have. Not sure which version I got exactly as it's second hand; any way to check? What light flashes (if any) if the battery is running low?

Wow, quick reply thanks :)
It is the brushless 4x4 I have. Not sure which version I got exactly as it's second hand; any way to check? What light flashes (if any) if the battery is running low?

Oh, well let me check that out. You have the granite mega, I was looking at the BLX manual. Does your manual have a part number on it for your vehicle? If you still have the stock radio, is it the TTX300 or the STX2? That would help determine if it's the newer or older model.
Actually, it looks like the version doesn't matter on the Granite Mega. Both versions blink red if the ESC overheats. You can find the manuals at this link: https://www.arrma-rc.com/support/downloads/GRANITE/MEGA 4X4/2019

Attachments

• LED 2 mega.JPG
    LED 2 mega.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 31
Ah no definitely not the Mega, it is the 4x4 blx 3s I have. It came with the STX2, and the guy packaged it in what he said was the original box, which had the part number ARA102720T1 on it which lead to my confusion; the online manual for that part number states Green but the manual in the box said Red...

Ah no definitely not the Mega, it is the 4x4 blx 3s I have. It came with the STX2, and the guy packaged it in what he said was the original box, which had the part number ARA102720T1 on it which lead to my confusion; the online manual for that part number states Green but the manual in the box said Red...
Got ya, also, I misread your last comment. You said brushless and I saw brushed. So if it came with an STX2, it should be the newer version. Yeah that's confusing. It seems like the online manual should be correct based on the part number and the radio.

You definitely got an old manual and a new box and a new transmitter. You can check the slipper pads to see if it's an old or new granite. The old Granites had octagonal slipper pads and the new ones have castellated slipper pads:

4R24V9AWNRYBBQNGEJ8AACZJ4YZDUYMV4UQRZBCKP34JV2GX4J.jpg
G9QCM6HUZDFGU3VBRTZQM6QAGPCY3X42G9V4FDUPXCK4V6ZGW4.jpg

You can also check the ESC date of manufacture and version - there is a sticker on the bottom of the ESC.

Ah okay, I'll check under the ESC tomorrow, that should be easier than checking the pads :)
Thanks all for the help (y)

The code should be yymm Vx, where yy is the last 2 digits of the year, mm the month and x is the version. I know V3 and V4 are in the newer Granites.

Sticker on the bottom says 1904 V3, so fairly modern!

I have a 1911 V3 which came in a new Granite. It has now been replaced with a 2004 V4 due to problems with LVC, but the problems persist. I'd say you want to follow the new manual, not the paper one you have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back