Overheating problem with motor and esc for Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whipplash RC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
For every run for the past month my Outcast has been overheating. It has done this on 4s and 6s. I run a 16t pinion. I have had it since December and it never did this before this month. Does anyone know why this is doing this?

Have you tried a lower tooth pinion? The 16t is recommened for flat ground doing speed runs and letting it cool.
Is that for 6S or 4S though?

Could be that you have bearings going bad on you. Check your wheel/hub bearings. They require periodic replacement and at least some oil once in a while.

I did run the stock pinion until I stripped it out running 6s
So did the heat problem start happening right after you stripped the stock pinion?

Is that for 6S or 4S though?

Could be that you have bearings going bad on you. Check your wheel/hub bearings. They require periodic replacement and at least some oil once in a while.
I'm not sure exactly. I'm just going off of the manufacturer's website.

Try 1 or 2 tooth smaller pinion, while the motor is out, make sure all the drive train spins freely. Heat sinks and fans never hurt.

I’d be checking the pinion isn’t rubbing on the motor mount as well. I’ve had a few esc fans stop working over the last couple of weeks and she hits thermal real quick. Good luck :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back