Granite Overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow69125

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
What is a good heatsink or fan for granite mega 4x4. It overheats about halfway to 3/4 of the way thru a 2s lipo battery. Also what is a good brushless and esc combo for under $100. Also I don't want to have to upgrade the gearing or anything else, as it is for my son.

What is a good heatsink or fan for granite mega 4x4. It overheats about halfway to 3/4 of the way thru a 2s lipo battery. Also what is a good brushless and esc combo for under $100. Also I don't want to have to upgrade the gearing or anything else, as it is for my son.
This.

Select 12 turn, all your problems will go away.

There are a variety of heatsinks on amazon and eBay that will all work about the same. If it says it fits a 550 motor or 36mm diameter, it should fit. None of them are really that much better or worse, but make sure it is long enough. If people complain in reviews that it was too long for their 540 motor, that is a good thing! Also, get one with a fan, the larger the better. Forced airflow makes heatsinks work much better, and the bigger the fan, the more air it will move. You will have to open up the radio box to plug it in, but that isn’t hard. I have this one on a different motor, but it should fit the stock granite 4x4 motor as well.

Also, use some thermal grease/paste between the heatsink and motor. It will help get heat out of the can and into the heatsink better. Doesn’t need to be anything expensive, just some cheap CPU thermal paste is fine.

Finally, if you don’t want to mess with gears or diffs or stuff like that, you may not want to go brushless. Brushless tends to break diff input shafts on the Mega 4x4. I’m not saying don’t go brushless, just that it will likely mean you will also end up needing to replace some other stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back