Typhon Overpowered Reverse, underpowered braking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcleodmn

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey all. I'm a newbie to this but still reasonably competent, er..I thought.

Replaced the stock ESC in my first gen(?) Typhon 6S with a new BLX 185. Thought I programed it correctly, twice, but the braking is still too weak and reverse is way overpowered.

I also replaced the stock controller with an Ikonnik ET4DS, and it has more settings than I know what to do with.

So do I have an ESC problem, a controller problem, or both?

Teach me something, please. Help a brotha out.

0223211927.jpg

0223211929.jpg

16141374787834579373209608677274.jpg

You have have throttle and reverse reversed at the Radio. Just by the fact you have more power in reverse than Forward points to this. Check your Forw. and REV. setting on the Radio , then recalibrate your radio Thr settings to the ESC. Read the manual well.
Make sure the Thr settings in the Radio are at zero or neutral FIRST.

As far as braking, it should improve if you do the above correctly.

You have have throttle and reverse reversed at the Radio. Just by the fact you have more power in reverse than Forward points to this. Check your Forw. and REV. setting on the Radio , then recalibrate your radio Thr settings to the ESC. Read the manual well.
Make sure the Thr settings in the Radio are at zero or neutral FIRST.

As far as braking, it should improve if you do the above correctly.
Thank you! If this works I'm buying you a beer.

What SrC said. Do not reverse the throttle channel on your radio. If the motor is spinning in the wrong direction you can reverse it in the programming. Just go to Arrma’s website and pull up the manual for the Talion and it will give you programming infomation for the BLX185

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back