Kraton Oversize Battery Tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakemanbobsmith

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Talion
Anyone know of a oversize battery tray that will fit in my Kraton?
I recently purchased a pair of Venom 3s 5000 35C soft case batteries and they won't fit in the stock battery tray? They are to wide to fit side by side in the stock tray.
I have seen a oversized tray listed for the Big Rock but not sure it would fit?
Currently to run my Venom 3s batteries I Velcro them one on top of the other with a length of Velcro strapping down the length of the batteries then Velcro around the sides with two Velcro straps, this holds the batteries together then I sit them in the battery tray Velcroed one on top of the other and strap them both down with the tray straps.
It holds them in pretty good and haven't had a issue yet! but the yet is the problem!
It is not a good way to hold these batteries in and don't want to end up damaging a $120 dollars worth of new batteries!
My 4s hard case Venom batteries fit in tray fine, just not the soft case 3s batteries? I really like the Venom batteries and would like to stick with them. There warranty is great.
Any one else ran into this issue? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Bob

The Big Rock has an total different chassis to the Kraton.
His battery trays are one in each side.

But you´re solution is easy. Take a gfk-plate, draw the sizes of the Lipos and make a new box which will fit to you´re preferred Lipo!?
Or mare a frame of harder foam for the soft case Lipo..

Regards
lonee

The Big Rock has an total different chassis to the Kraton.
His battery trays are one in each side.

But you´re solution is easy. Take a gfk-plate, draw the sizes of the Lipos and make a new box which will fit to you´re preferred Lipo!?
Or mare a frame of harder foam for the soft case Lipo..

Regards
lonee
Thanks loner. Guess I will have to make something?

I have done it also on my Absima patron. The design of the battery box covers hard case. For my soft case I robbed the cover from an old 3S hardcore, put a bit foam with due in it so that I can slide my soft case Lipo in. If driving other hard case, just take out the "foam box" out of the holder. Easy and flexible. You can also use harder foam with outer diameter of the hard case-lipo´s and cut in the inner area the diameter of you´re smaller soft case Lipo. It´s also working....

For the Nero I use an additional layer heat shrink on the soft case Lipo´s and also a bit thin foam around them when I put them in the battery tray. In winter or rain, I take the battery´s in a additional plastic bag.

lonee

Grab an Outcast tray kit. Half of the mounting holes will line up perfectly and you'll have to drill the others. Very easy to do.

In the mean time, just do as others suggested to me....tape the 2 batteries together. Gorilla tape turns 2 batteries into 1 :woot:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back