Ovonic Lipo Experience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shazz4321

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Has anyone had much experience with Ovonic as a Lipo brand?

I see Aussie RC Playground has them sponsored but was wondering if anyone has good or bad experience with them?

Looking at the specs they appear to be similar make to the Zop\Zee\HRB etc cheaper Chinese lipos with different branding but the price looks pretty good...

Ill be receiving some this week to try out.
From what i understand, there is only a handful of of factories that make labels.
Same factories make lipos for many many companies.
Its just what ive read and what ive heard from lipo reps at rc trade shows.
I don't know how valid any of that info is.

But ill report back how the lipos seem to stack up.

Has anyone had much experience with Ovonic as a Lipo brand?

I see Aussie RC Playground has them sponsored but was wondering if anyone has good or bad experience with them?

Looking at the specs they appear to be similar make to the Zop\Zee\HRB etc cheaper Chinese lipos with different branding but the price looks pretty good...
I have 6 x Ovonic 5200mah 50c 6s packs for my Talion, and 6 x Ovonic 5000mah 50c hardcase 4s packs for my Kraton 8s. Imo they are the best value in price toquality in the budget arena, tied with the CNHL black label 65c packs - maybe a little less punch than the CNHL.

They perform well, balance well, have a great physical build quality, great solder joints etc.

They are not going to compare to a more mid tier pack like smc or a upper tier pack like a panther graphene. I would not use them in a sanctioned race but I will probably continue to buy them for my Talion and Kraton8s because it's more valuable in my mind to be able to own a lot of pretty good batteries for bashing than a few really good ones.

I’ve been running the 4500mah 4s and 6s. Great deals on those, two for one price pretty much, I like them. Just have to solder what ever termination you are using. Don’t really notice much difference between them and my other packs. The 4500mah are lighter too which for me is a good thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back