Ovonic X1 Smart Charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, just thought this information/review may be helpful to someone so I figured I'd post it. As some of you may know, I was looking for a smart charger with discharging capabilities. I ended up purchasing the Ovonic X1 from Amazon on Friday and it got delivered today. It's a dual channel smart charger with storage & discharging capabilities. The screen is very clear & easy to read, and the menu is extremely easy to navigate. At the moment I'm storage charging a lipo. It's fast, quiet, and powerful. So far I feel like this is a great addition to my hobby arsenal. I started off with "dumb" chargers that provided no information and were only capable of charging batteries. As I got deeper into the hobby, and my battery collection grew I realized the importance of having a Charger that can provide you with vital battery health information. Hope this helps someone in the market for a charger 🍻

20230129_171544.jpg

The display and controls on that look the same as the Imars Dual I just got the other day from Amazon. I can finally stop using my silly Traxxas ID chargers. 🥳

2023-02-06_16h52_45.png

The display and controls on that look the same as the Imars Dual I just got the other day from Amazon. I can finally stop using my silly Traxxas ID chargers. 🥳

View attachment 276172
Wow I hadn't even noticed the similarity in displays & layout, but you're absolutely correct. My choices were actually between the Imars Dual and the Ovonic. I went witht the Ovonic because it came out to be a few dollars cheaper. Never knew what I was missing until I upgraded to this thing 😁

Awesome, congrats guys! It's great when you're no longer constrained by the charger, so you can charge as quickly as you want.

It's also nice when you have to bring batteries down to storage voltage, if you can't run them. That will likely now be much faster than the Traxxas ID chargers, based on my experience with the EZ Peak Duo.

Awesome, congrats guys! It's great when you're no longer constrained by the charger, so you can charge as quickly as you want.

It's also nice when you have to bring batteries down to storage voltage, if you can't run them. That will likely now be much faster than the Traxxas ID chargers, based on my experience with the EZ Peak Duo.
Recognizing the need for the ability to either discharge the battery down to storage voltage, or bring it up to storage voltage is what made me spring for a new charger. I was leaving too many packs dead after use, or charging them and not running the battery once fully charged, which as I know now is bad for lipo health. Looking back, it's funny to think that I was using these to charge my batteries when I very first got into RC'ing 😫🤣🤣

Screenshot_20230206_212912_Chrome.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back