Senton Paddle Tire Confuzilation!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleFox15

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi All! So I recently purchased two pairs of Proline Dumont short course paddle tires for my Senton 4x4. Here is a link : https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...dle-tires-2-z3-pro10185-00/p1291864?v=1277540. And I was really excited when they came in the mail today, but both pairs have the same issue, which is that they came with two right tires each. I am a newbie when it comes to paddle tires, these being my first two pairs, but it is my understanding that there should be one right and one left tire per set, not two of either, as this would make one side of the car have more traction then the other side. Am I wrong and is that the way it should be? Here are some pictures of my tires for reference:
IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1747.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The pictures are too small for me to see what is going on. But yes there should be a left and a right tire as they are directional.

Ok, Thanks! I guess I'll just call customer support and see what they can do about it. I ordered the tires from Amain Hobbies, so they can probably make it right.

Ok, Thanks! I guess I'll just call customer support and see what they can do about it. I ordered the tires from Amain Hobbies, so they can probably make it right.
Yeah email Amain, they will get things sorted out for you.

@PurpleFox15, actually a good observation on your part.

They are both Asymmetrical and Directional tires if that makes any sense. At least to me its clear. I would also call PL if it was me. Seems like they are designed that way. No Left or Right side specific, yet clearly should be. This save's PL much money to produce BTW. One mold is all that's needed IMO.
A lot of PL stuff sucks. Doesn't surprise me. I would have passed on those personally. In a scale car these tires would be laughable by design.
PL will probably tell you it doesn't matter. Run them ok as is. I will put bets on this. This still wouldn't be ok with me.
You should return and buy a set of basic paddles if possible. Just me. 🤷‍♂️ Probably to some it wouldn't matter. IDK.

they are not mounted there are no rims on them so they could be lefts and rights you have to mount 2 as lefts and 2 as rights there is nothing
wrong here

Thanks guys! But the problem with these wheels is that they are keyed. The hole on one side of the tire is bigger then the one on the other. Therefor, they can only be mounted on a particular way on the rim. I have put them on some rims from Pro-Line, and have confirmed that they are not directional. Thanks anyway for the idea.

so there Asymmetric tires then i like them but don't have any sand to run them in

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back